Question about subwoofer

Username: Obrut1

Post Number: 1
Sorry I wasn't more descriptive in the subject... I didn't know exactly what to put. But here's my situation:

I found a subwoofer in the trash and being the curious type, I grabbed it to see if I could salvage it. Now I've never had any real home audio system that used subwoofers so I am a novice. It has a male plug shaped somewhat like a normal wall jack plug (115V, 60 hz) only this one has cylindrical jacks instead of the normal "rectangular" jacks. On the plug, it says "3A @ 250V". My question is this: does anyone here know if any audio signal is passed through this plug, or if it is just a converted power source from the receiver that originally came with it?

Note: it has DVD audio inputs as well as an aux input and front, center, and surround audio outputs.

Also, if it is just a power source, then does anyone know if I can buy some sort of a ac/dc converter that would be of use?

Thanks in advance.

one more note: it's an Eastern XG 2001, which produced no useful (i.e. English) results in google search.

Bronze Member
Username: Rickypearson

Post Number: 44
Hey i did some Reasearch on this Model and it turns out that its a Chinese Product and the Sub part you found it Part of a 5.1 set that you buy it as and all the Connection on the back are used to Plug the Other Speakers in to, The Sub part also Doubels as the Reciver, You would plaug your dvd player and your cd or whatever in to it, And Going back to the Plug or Converter your talking about, thats used to Plug it in to thew wall.....but its a Chinese plug which explains the weird shape, Check this site out this is what i think the hole set looks like!

http://www.hiused.com/ViewSellProductDetail.aspx?regid=199

Bronze Member
Username: Rickypearson

Post Number: 45
Ohh and the Hole set Togthers Worth about 79,000 Yen

Username: Mustang1968

Laval, Quebec Canada

Post Number: 1
hi there,have a denon 2803 receiver,want to connect a non powered sub,how can i do that?thanks,David Mula
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us