NAD 773 channel issue

Bronze Member
Username: Lesterlyles

Post Number: 47
Ok I have a situation with my new NAD 773 V2. First off, great sound, no humm or hiss and no power problems. That is the good thing.

My problem, however, is that my front left channel does not work at all times. I currently have two fronts and a center channel only (no subs or surround). In stereo mode, the front left and front right work fine and the sound is perfect. However in the mode where I want all speakers working (enhanced 1), only the center and front right work. The front left has a typical hiss that indicates the speaker is on (not any hiss that is complained about. Furthermore, anytime I perform the speaker tests, the front left never works. I just find it very strange...in the stereo mode, there are absolutely no problems with the sound from that speaker. Any help?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 48
One more point to add. There have been a couple of times where all 3 have worked. I have yet to figure out if it has to do w/ any button being oushed or all 3 working only after I power the reciever on. There is no consistency. I'd say all 3 have worked about 15% of the time.

Silver Member
Username: Jonmoon

Post Number: 108
Robert, when you don't have surrounds set up, there may be issues as to what modes you can play the receiver in which might account for the problems or the sources might be the problem as well. As to buttons being pushed, one button I have had trouble with is the little guy just on the right, below the various function buttons which turns the "B" speakers on. You can hit that accidentally (which I have done a couple of times) and which then screws up modes seriously. You might check the manual to see when you can use the various modes. Hope this helps some.

Bronze Member
Username: Stevetaylor

Boston, MA USA

Post Number: 17
Had same problem with T763. The dsp board had to be replaced.

Stereo worked fine but any digital conversions did not send any sound to left channel...except the bass redirect from center channel since right/left are large and center is small.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 49
Steve, my left works at times, even with all 3. Usually about 10-1% of the time. This is the response I got from NAD:

It sounds like the T773 may require a factory reset.

To reset your T773 please follow these instructions:

With unit switched on press the VIDEO and TONE DEFEAT (right most key)

Display will show "AH RESET DONE"

Power off from rear panel mains switch and back on.

Unit is now reset.

I'll try it.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us