PA speakers with a home stereo reciever

Username: Dabears900

Post Number: 2
Hi,
My question is that I have 2 PA speakers that you would find at concerts hooked up to my home theater reciever. I wanted to just make sure i wasnt damaging them. This is my set up:
I have a yamaha HTR-5760 reciever and i have speaker wire comming out of the terminals and i have the wire comming into a 1/4 jack that is plugged into the back of Eminence PA speaker
specs:
dual 4x5 ports

jack plate with dual 1/4" and dual 4pin speakon inputs/outputs

Drivers have 56oz. magnets, 2.5" kapton voice coils

Tweeters have 10oz. magnet, 1.5" cloth diaphragm.

500 watts rms each

1000 watts peak each

I only have 1 wire with the 1/4plug pluged into each speaker although there is 2 inputs i use to have them both plugged in thinking that it would bridge power but removed it when i moved into my dorm room (and yes i have 2 15" pa 1000watt speakers in my dorm room haha). So thats basically the set up. Another problem i have to is i have one of the inputs on my reciever connect to my computer so i can listen to the mp3s on it but i get a good amount of feedback from the soundcard. I get no feed back with any other thing except when its plugged into the computer. I have check the wire and everything is working fine except for when i plug it in. Please help.

thanks
nick
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us