HAPPY new owner of NAD 752 - thanks Hawk, Jonathan, John A, etc

Username: Willsf

Post Number: 2
After spending hours on this site getting advice and reading comments about the NAD 752 I was considering buying, I decided to give it a shot. Saturday Audio had a great price so I ordered one and it arrived a few weeks ago, and I've been VERY happy with my choice. Given all the horror stories on this site about the 752, I wanted to offer a little praise. The sound is simply outstanding at this price point, and so far it has functioned perfectly (knocking wood as I type).

My 752 is driving B&W 603 series 3's in a large room (about 35x15). I'll be adding 600 series center and surrounds soon. The combination has a sound that's incredibly precise and clean, but also warm, muscular and non-fatiguing. It has no problem filling up my large room with accurate sound. A close relative of mine has a $40k+ Meridian system which I've listened to extensively. I'm not going to say that my little system matches it head-to-head, but it comes remarkably close considering the price differential.

I haven't yet driven surrounds, so problems may still arise, but in the first few weeks I've been highly impressed with the unit's quality.

I wanted to share my first impressions, and say a big thank you to Hawk, Jonathan, John A., and everyone else who helped me make a good decision.

Also worth noting that Saturday Audio is a great option - good prices, and a very knowledgeable and friendly staff. I thought I had a problem with my remote (it was just the cheap supplied batteries), and they offered to send me a replacement the very next day. Impressive.

Username: Johnny

Post Number: 60
William,

I am very happy to hear of your success with NAD. I bought a T762 and some PSB speakers from Saturday Audio a couple of months ago and was EXTREMELY happy with the service. I wrote literally 10-15 emails to the owner of the store and he wrote back every single time in a very prompt manner...not to mention the phone calls.....

I wish you many hours of pleasurable listening on your new receiver!!!

Username: Billdashill

Post Number: 41
Write back, after a month or when you set up the surround speakers. I'm curious, what firmware version did Saturday Audio ship to you?

Post Number: 3
Jeff: I will write back once they're set up.

Saturday Audio shipped v 1.22 - I asked about it before I purchased. It was a final shipment of 752s which NAD sent them, which leaves me hopeful that they've sorted out most of the bugs.

Username: Hawk

Post Number: 60
William:

Thank you for sharing your joy! Nice combo with the B+W speakers, too.

Enjoy!

Username: Johnny

Post Number: 61
Hawk,

Nice to see you again...it's been awhile....

Post Number: 65
Johnny:

Yeah, good to be back. I have missed my friends. Besides the distraction of the holidays, I had a really bad case of the flu which started right after the New Year which thankfully has finally passed (after about 2 and a half weeks). I have been wondering who I see for a refund for that flu shot I got that didn't work!

Stay healthy!

Sam Of Chicago
Unregistered guest
Welcome back Hawk!...the all knowing!...well, except about this year's flu shot!!...This year's flu vaccine could address TWO strains of viruses, however, a more virulent third strain is supposedly also circulating that the vaccine preparing guys missed to include. Maybe that third strain kept you away from us all.

I need to tell you this: After swinging between the NADs and Marantzs, I have purchased the Marantz 7300OSE (the enhanced power and Made in Japan thing directed my choice). My choice of speakers to match the 7300OSE were originally the B&W 604 S3s. BUT, after listening to the 703s I am just speechless. The 703s are amazing...the sound is just there in front of you...amazingly engulfing you...!! PLEASE express your opinion of this matchup.

Post Number: 75
Sam:

Yeah, I think it was that third strain. It has killed a number of kids around here and I can't remember ever being laid low by the flu for almost three weeks before this. Nasty business.

Speakers - Excellent choice. I wrote on another thread that I had the chance to hear B+W 700 series floorstander against a pair of Paradigm Studio 100s and frankly, they are so close in sound charecter, it was really nit picking just trying to spot a difference. Now, the Paradigms were a speaker known to me, so I knew what a good reference speaker it is. As the B+Ws are so new, I could measure them against a speaker I know and respect very much. It also told me that the B+W people had made some nice improvements over their older CDM line (which the 700 series replaces), which were very fine speakers in their own right. Your description of the "sound enveloping you" is very apt. They do present a wonderful soundstage.

Obviously, I have not heard a Marantz 7300ose driving those B+Ws, but I can envision such a pairing and I think it should be a real killer system. Those B+Ws are not cheap, but if you have the scratch, I think you will be a very happy listener! Congrats on the Marantz, BTW. That is a fine receiver.

Username: John_a

Post Number: 122
Will,

Thanks, and congratulations.

I have just bought the NAD HTR-2 remote which I think comes with your T752. I like it, it speaks to everything in my system (NAD, Sony, Nokia) and the Macro function is pure joy.

Yes, welcome back, Hawk.

Post Number: 6
John A.,

Enjoy the new remote! It is great - so easy to program and use... I've stashed all my other remotes in a drawer.

Just addded a B&W LCR600 center speaker to my setup... Pure joy. :-) All I need now are a couple of surrounds.

Have a good one.

- Will

Username: John_a

Post Number: 123
Will,

Thanks. One of the things I like about NAD is the design, with priority to simplicity, ease of use, and without the bells and whistles that other brands have as their selling point. That remote is a clear example of good design, in my opinion.

I am using my old KEF Coda II speakers as surrounds. I originally bought them, years ago, as a second pair of stereo speakers. Fixed on new wall brackets they sound great as surrounds. I mention this because "Surround" is not a special sort of speaker, and there is nothing new in speaker design. Get any pair of B&Ws to match your other speakers and you will not go far wrong.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us