Help with new HK AVR430

Jake
Unregistered guest
I just purchased a Harman/Kardon AVR 430 and I love it, sounds perfect; just one problem, and I am really hoping that I am just overlooking something, but I can not get it to go to "Dolby Digital" for the life of me. Maybe I can describe what is going on and you guys, in all your wisdom can help a newbie...

I have used a couple of DVDs to try and get it to work. Finding Nemo and LOTR Two Towers were the two - both say dolby digital on them. I have an optical digital connection from my Sony Dual Deck DVD/VCR player. I have 7.1 speakers hooked up, and all work perfectly fine in Logic 7. It is just when I go to the Dolby main menu it doesnt even give me the option of Dolby Digital. I get Dolby Pro Logic, PL II, and all the rest the manual mentions, just not Dolby Digital. This is very frustrating; could one of you please tell me what I am doing wrong?

Thanks in advance

Jake

Username: Project6

Post Number: 90
have you configured the DVD player to put out Dolby Digital signals? Sometimes it's the DVD player that needs to be set-up.
cheers

Jake
Unregistered guest
*Hits himself in the head repeatidly*

STUPID STUPID STUPID

Thank you SO much. I feel like an idiot - something so simple; I spent so much time wondering what I hooked up wrong. Thanks again.

Jake
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us