Kenwood 7070a, reseting itself, HELP PLEASE!

Username: Dubz

Post Number: 31
alright, got another issue with the kenwood 7070a (well the 1st was the dvd players fault...)

my surrounds don't have the same sensitivity as my fronts, so i turned them up, same with my rear center. BUT everytime i turn it off, or even switch video inputs, it puts everything back at 0db, (supposed to be +4 for surrounds, +2 for front and rear centers) i don't want to have to keep changing it!! ive looked through the manual, and found out nothing....anyone have this problem? i know a few of you have the 6070

thanks

Username: Project6

Post Number: 123
you have to change the settings in the speaker set-up of the 7070a. what you are probably doing is pushing the "sound" button and then making the adjustments for the different speaker levels. that is only a temporary change to compensate for different recording levels of different source materials, so if you turn off the unit or change sources, the unit goes back to the speaker setting that you initially set in the set-up stage.
do you remember the "test tone" area of the set-up? once you calibrate this area, assuming that you used a sound level meter, everything should be optimized for your listening, the change is permanent and you can then temporarily change the settings by pushing the "sound" button of your remote or receiver.
cheers

Username: Dubz

Post Number: 32
ohh, ok.

id planned on picking up a cheap spl meter anyways, 1 question then. when i adjust all the speakers, are ALL 6 speakers supposed to be at the same spl when your in your listening spot? my rears aren't nearly as big as my fronts, so i wasn't sure if everything was supposed to be at say 75db. sorry im kinda new to this!

thanks

Username: Project6

Post Number: 126
yes, they are supposed to be the same
check out this article
http://www.hermithome.com/hometheater6.html

cheers
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us