NAD T753 and multisource functionality

Username: Larsa

Post Number: 3
I have set up a second zone (speakers in my bedroom) for my NAD T753, and have run into some trouble. I don't get the multisource functionality to work. I do get the zone-1 audio from them when enabling "speakers B" on the HTR2 remote (so speakers work, and the amplifier can output audio on them), but trying to use them with the mini zone-2 remote doesn't produce any audio, although the front panel display does reflect my activities with it.

Has anyone set up two zones successfully? Are there any tricks to it that may not be obvious to me?

Lars J

Username: Geekboy

Post Number: 92
Lars: I understand the the NAD T7x3 line does support multi-zone (2nd zone). But, from what I recall of the earlier lines, this is not a POWERED zone. Hooking up your speakers to the "B" speaker terminals will only play Zone 1 sources. I think the NAD line only provides pre-outs for the 2nd zone. The H/K AVR-525, which is what I have, does have powered 2nd zone capability.

I could be mistaken though...

Anonymous

I do not own a T753, but am thinking about buying one. What I have gleaned from looking at the product information and manual on the NAD website is that the Zone-2 remote only controls the source and volume fed to the "MS OUT" pre-amp outputs, which you would need to feed into a separate power-amp to drive your speakers. Without that separate power-amp, all you get is A/B switching of the Zone-1 audio.

Username: Johnny

Post Number: 56
Lars,

Geekboy and Anon are correct. I made the mistake of thinking that second zone simply meant connecting to the speaker B terminals. I wrote this on a thread last week and was quickly corrected. You do need a separate 2 channel power amp to get the true multizone capability. As anon said, it would be connected to the "MS OUT" preouts on the back of the receiver.

Post Number: 4
Thanks, that sounds like a plausible explanation.

I haven't studied the backside of the 753 in detail yet, but I would assume pre-amp for zone-2 would be connected somewhere else than the B speakers with regular signal cables, right?

So what I've done is actually to just set up a set of alternate speakers for zone-1, right? Then I'll need the HTR-2 remote in the bedroom too, and I can just stuff the zone-2 remote into one of the pillow cracks in the sofa :-)

Now, don't anyone tell me that I can't use the powered B speakers and the pre-amp zone-2 output at the same time - that would just ruin my new-found plans for setting up speakers in the kitchen ;)

Post Number: 5
You guys are posting faster than I can reply ;-) Consider my questions answered...

Username: Rob_visscher

Post Number: 3
Hi Lars,

In the on screen setup/advanced options you can choose between 7.1 or 5.1/2.0 multi room.
Hope this works, i did not try it.

Post Number: 11
Hi Rob,

The explanation was that "speakers B" and "multisource/second zone" are completely unrelated things. "Speakers B" is an option for the main zone. To use multisource, I will need to take the signal from MS OUT and put it through a separate stereo-amp.

Lars J

Username: Rob_visscher

Post Number: 4
Hi Lars,

Sorry, I had no time to look into it more in depth. I thought you could use internal amps to address speakers in another.

kind regards

rob
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us