Videa and adio on xbox

Username: Jsoon

Pasco, Washington USA

Post Number: 1
OK....i know there is probably a very simple solution to this but i don't know very much about audio/video connections. I just bought a Panasonic Home Theater system. I positioned my speakers, connected it to my tv with a Composite video cable. I also bought a new tv. its just a small 15" polaroid lcd tv, it has both composite and component video hookups. The problem im having is connecting my xbox to both my surround sound and tv. I know i can use the xbox's adio/video cables which plug directly into the reciever, but that is only giving me audio. How can i get the picture on my lcd. Its an original xbox by the way. thanks

Pasco, Washington USA

Post Number: 2
oh and to clarify im not completely retarded, i know i can plug the xbox directly into tv but i want it connected with my surround sound also.

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

FTW

Post Number: 9741
you plug the yellow plug from the Composite video cables(also called RCA cables) into the back of the Tv.

:-)

the red and white audio should go into the back of the HT system

Pasco, Washington USA

Post Number: 3
oh yea i already got it about 15 minutes after the post, thanks tho. The problem i had was that the video on the composite cable didnt reach, so i ended up buying S video and component cables with an rf modulator. looks and sounds great

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

FTW

Post Number: 9751
good to hear, now play that thing!:-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums