RAM

Username: Mikewhite

Amherstburg, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 5
hey guys, im just wondering, I got 256 RAM currently installed and want to upgrade. I don't do any hardcore computing simply email, maybe a little video editing, downloads etc. I'm thinking a 1GB chip would do it, on top of the 256 currently installed, because it is running pretty slow lately, especially while downloading or running multiple programs. I'm just wondering what brands the best, I've heard Kingston??

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 7316
go here

http://motherboards.bizrate.com/buy/products__att20--4047-,cat_id--407,keyword-- ddr,rf--mot006.html

Post Number: 7
will it really speed it up that much tho?

Gold Member

Post Number: 7320
yes specially if you are going to do some video editing.

Post Number: 8
why do most video editing programs reccommend that you have 256 MB of RAM if it is soooo slow? I know its just the minimum requirment but dont you believe it should be double that or even higher?

Gold Member

Post Number: 7324
That amount of RAM comes almost standard nowadays. It is the minimum requirement for the system but is not a guarantee that it will be fast. They have to use a minimum amount that is commercially availabe so people will buy the program.

Not everybody has gobs of RAM so they have to market their product to the majority of those who will buy it.

Now if they put down 1GB RAM recommended, do you think people will buy it, if their Wal-Mart special $400 PC came with only 256 MB of RAM?

Post Number: 10
hmmm nice comparison, thanks alot!!! One more question if you dont mind, kind of off the RAM topic but I recently ran a PC Pitstop test on my computer and it says that the FSB (Front-Side Bus Speed) was 200MHz. Now when I bought the computer I was sure it was 800MHz, is the FSB and the FSB Speed two different things, and what is it? Does it have a large effect on the speed of my computer? Thanks!! your info is very helpful!!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 15
ANYONE?

Username: Muhajireen

Kandy, Central prov... Srilanka

Post Number: 1
mike you can choose kingston it is good
if you are going duing a vedio editing program
you have to put better minimum 1gb if not som time your machin is going to work wery sloly

Bronze Member

Post Number: 16
k, ive ordered 1GB kingston RAM, but right now i still only have 256MB and it isn't running like ridiculously slowly, but enough to wait, you dont think the 1GB on top of the 256Megs will be enough? and my comps only got 2 slots to fill.... hmm, thanks!appreciate it

Bronze Member

Post Number: 18
Finally got it. I got a total of 1118 MB of RAM now or 1.18 GB. Everything runs perfect, its amazing how much it sped it up, thanks for all ur help!!

Bronze Member
Username: Ars88

Post Number: 45
RAM!

Username: Amitkapoor233

Ludhiana, Punjab India

how i can upgrade my memory stick upto 1 gb rather than 256 mb ram with motherboard of 845 glly

Username: Linasandy

RAM stands for Read Only Memory and it helps for saving the data and files in the system. The RAM is placed in the CPU which is an input device.

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

I compensate...

Post Number: 9071
linasandy, you fail haha.

"RAM" redirects here. For other uses of the word, see Ram.
Example of writable volatile random access memory: Synchronous Dynamic RAM modules, primarily used as main memory in personal computers, workstations, and servers.
Computer memory types
Volatile

* DRAM, e.g. DDR SDRAM
* SRAM
* Upcoming
o Z-RAM
o TTRAM
* Historical
o Delay line memory
o Selectron tube
o Williams tube

Non-volatile

* ROM
o PROM
o EAROM
o EPROM
o EEPROM
* Flash memory
* Upcoming
o FeRAM
o MRAM
o CBRAM
o PRAM
o SONOS
o RRAM
o Racetrack memory
o NRAM
* Historical
o Drum memory
o Magnetic core memory
o Plated wire memory
o Bubble memory
o Twistor memory

Random-access memory (usually known by its acronym, RAM) is a form of computer data storage. Today it takes the form of integrated circuits that allow the stored data to be accessed in any order (i.e., at random). The word random thus refers to the fact that any piece of data can be returned in a constant time, regardless of its physical location and whether or not it is related to the previous piece of data.[1]

This contrasts with storage mechanisms such as tapes, magnetic discs and optical discs, which rely on the physical movement of the recording medium or a reading head. In these devices, the movement takes longer than the data transfer, and the retrieval time varies depending on the physical location of the next item.

The word RAM is mostly associated with volatile types of memory (such as DRAM memory modules), where the information is lost after the power is switched off. However, many other types of memory are RAM as well (i.e., Random Access Memory), including most types of ROM and a kind of flash memory called NOR-Flash.-VIA Wikipedia

Username: Financrisval

1gb ram or above are great for fast processing.

Username: Onlinecalculator

KanpurIndia

Post Number: 3
RAM is the main power of the memory
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts