New Bose computer speakers.

Bronze Member
Username: Heymaynard

Post Number: 26
Anybody try these yet. ( And don't say Bose sucks just because everything else has I want a honest answer from someone that has heard them) I have a klipsch pro media 5.1 and like them but would love to drop some cables and speakers to simplify. Thx

http://www.bose.com/controller?event=VIEW_PRODUCT_PAGE_EVENT&product=companion5_ multimedia_index

Bronze Member
Username: Gavdawg

Post Number: 66
I myself have the companion 3, and this is a considerable upgrade from the promedia as far as I am concerned. I am not a bose fan, but like the companion 3. If these are anything like they are. I would reccomend them.

Here is my review of the companion 3 over at epinions. And no, it isnt a shill as some members may like to believe. My opinions over here have been respected for quite some time. I deleted my account, and re-registered with the same name due to the spam content.

http://www.epinions.com/content_257059688068

Username: Crytex

Post Number: 2
I have companion 5 speakers, they are great for sound effects if well positioned on your desk relative to where you sit. The only problem is that I haven't been able yet to get them to work on a PC using Vista, but they work great with XP.

Username: P4s

Post Number: 2
the woofer is okay.. the satellites are abit tinny as far as vocals are concerned

Username: Bam2

Post Number: 1
I have Companion 5, which works without problem in Vista. Good crisp sound and compact.

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 5087
I feel like tossing in my two cents here.

The only good Bose products, really, are the computer speakers and headphones (though they're still overpriced).

I think Bose makes some of the best computer speakers, but it isn't hard when they're competing with Logitech, JBL etc.

Bose headphones have good sound and are built relatively well. However, better headphones can be had for the price point. Especially when Bose is competing with Pioneer, Sony, Sennheiser, Grado, Skullcandy etc.

All else Bose (theater systems, home speakers, shelf systems, and car audio) is overrated garbage.

I might also add the new quietcomfort 2 headphones I had were made in China, whereas my older mediamates were made here in the USA. Seems they're moving operations overseas. But that might only be the headphones.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us