Sharing Wireless Internet Service!!!!Help!!!!PLZ!!!!

Bronze Member
Username: Cybermaster

Post Number: 88
Hello Friends,

I'm Sharing wireless internet service with my friend. He live about two blocks down. I catch his signal using 24db high gain parabolic grid antenna. I could only run one wire from the antenna and that wire only goes to my computer. But there are two more computers in the house which cannot access the internet.

What I wanna know is, is there a way to catch that signal with a wireless router or something? Basically what I wanna do is catch that signal with a wireless router, and then redistribute that signal in my house so that all the computers can access the internet. I don't know if this is possible. Also, the router must be USB because wireless adapter is USB.

I would like your comments on this. Any help will be greatly greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Gold Member
Username: Donnie1973

Post Number: 1916
U can buy two routers that can be bridged. They connect to each other basicaly, and then the router in ur house would work of it. But I think u may be able to buy an access point and connect ur antenna in to that?? I have never done it, but might work.

Gold Member
Username: Donnie1973

Post Number: 2447
yes that would work, but u can run the internet connection wizzard and make the one that gets the internet be the host, then set the others up to use that one a the gateway to the net. The host pc will give others IP addy's. Read in the internet setup wizzard.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us