Apple/mac laptops

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 3361
im thinking of buying one of these.

anyway are there any big pros/cons of using a mac system, iv always used windows?

also is there anything that is going to be faster like maybe a dell.

my budget is 1500

Silver Member
Username: Stefanom

Vienna, VA United States

Post Number: 382
Well AFAIK the only Mac laptop available at your pricepoint is the regular Macbook as opposed to the Macbook Pro. This means run of the mill integrated graphics, so you won't really want to use this as a high end gaming machine. Beyond that, from a technical aspect in terms of hardware, there isn't anything wrong with a Macbook. You could probably configure a Dell to be faster in certain applications (particularly in the 3D gaming realm), but it is nonetheless fairly priced.

As far as OS X versus Windows goes, a lot of people who try it seem to prefer OS X. It is fairly easy to use and a bit more intuitive. In the long run, they say people tend to be more satisfied with Macs as well (fewer issues with drivers, and blah blah blah).

Beyond that, it boils down to a bit of personal preference. I'm a PC guy myself, largely thanks to a the fact that I'm an IT professional. I use Windows a lot, so I'm fairly efficient on it, and I've got it pretty well customized to my usage. If you're like me, I'd stick with a PC. Otherwise, play with the Mac a bit and see what you think.

Platinum Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 13089
What are you going to primarily use it for?

Gold Member

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 3458
pretty much ill only be using it for editing audio files and video as well as surfing the web and downloading files. i dont really do any gaming or anything like that.

iv always used windows but it seems after a year or two some many junk files get stuck on there so you have to reformat the drive and stuff.

Platinum Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 13114
Then go for a Mac. Excellent for editing audio and video. Very stable for those applications.

Gold Member

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 3473
awesome, thanks guys you gave me the news i was looking for.

Silver Member
Username: Wojopro

Summerville, SC

Post Number: 245
Or go PC laptop and install a linux distro... Cheaper than a mac

Platinum Member
Username: James1115

Use a simple...

Post Number: 10559
I am in the same predicament, I am just sick of all the spyware and crap that slows down my PC to a halt sometimes! What is the difference between the mac book and mac book pro? all I do is surf the web on my laptop so thats all it would be used for.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us