Memory Stick and other flash memory.

Bronze Member
Username: Dry_dent_lure

Post Number: 45
I'm looking to get a Memory Stick Duo and have been looking to pick one up via eBay. Can someone tell me if a memory stick / flash memory are regional, much like DVDs or Video Games? eBay has some cheap 2 and 4 gig sticks available but many are from overseas, in China and Hong Kong. Wondering if they would work with North America products such as my laptop and PSP?
Thanks.

Platinum Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 12435
Yes, they should work and it is not regional. As long as it meets your PC's requirements, you'll be fine.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 46
Thanks Berny. Appreciate your help.
Oh, and if you're wrong, you offer a money back guarantee, right? LOL.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 12439
:-)

Gold Member
Username: Wingmanalive

Nj US

Post Number: 2795
A little off topic but isn't it amazing how cheap memory has gotten? My third pc I ever bought I upgraded its' HD to 20gigs. Salesman was like "Dude, what are you gonna need 20 gigs for?" That was 10 years ago. Now you can't buy a pc with less than 80 gigs, and terabytes are in scope now. Wow.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 12452
Terabyte FTW:-)

Silver Member
Username: Arande2

400dB could probably d..., SouthWest Mi... Too Many DBs...

Post Number: 827
Yeah in fact I'm on a computer right now from 1999 that has a Pentium III 733mhz and a 20gig hard drive and it's pretty fast as well lol.

Silver Member

Post Number: 828
I mean there are iPods out there with more memory than this comp!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 47
I know, it's sick. I still have the p3 in the basement that has 20 gig. Bought it just before the music download/Napster trend exploded. Thought, "20 gig, what am I going to do with 20 gig?".

BTW, 2 gig memory stick, including shipping, $27 from ebay. Not bad, but in 6 months I'll be kicking myself for how much I paid. LOL.

Silver Member

Post Number: 901
Yeah, this particular computer I'm on is 1 terabyte with all the hard drives on it (Well, 3, 2 300s and a 400) lol.

It also has a lot eaten up. I've personally used probably 100gigs and the other 500 used gigs are mostly from one of my parents.

I know someone who's designing this video game that has like 50 terabytes! I think he's about done.

Username: Animegirlsian

Post Number: 1
I have a 1GB Memory stick which I brought from Dick Smith Electronics. My computer used to run on XP- the memory stick used work on it. Now with an upgrade to Vista it doesnt read it under My Computer. I cannot access it, but I can on other computers. Please help :-)

Username: Ivonner

Post Number: 1
HELLO, I NEED YOUR HELP IN REGARD THE C:13:01 ERROR.

YESTERDAY A TOOK ABOUT 200 PICTURES, TODAY I WANT IT TO DOWNLOAD THEM UT WHEN I TURN ON MY CAMERA THIS MORNING TO DOWNLOAD THEM.. GUESS WHAT.. THIS NICE ERROR CAME UP! DO ANYONE KNOWS IF I CAN RECOVER THESE PICTURES AND HOW TO FIX THIS ERROR?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us