Cable modem

Silver Member
Username: Bill984

Post Number: 195
right now my cable comes into my house and from the splitter one line goes to the comcast modem and one goes to another splitter that feeds my tv's and all is good. if the modem came before the splitter (the main cable in feed) would i be able to get the internet to another computer to hook up to my plasma monitor, in another room, using the same cable that now feeds the tv? would i need another "surfboard" for the 2nd computer? thanks

Platinum Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 12433
You are going to need a network switch (also referred to as a router) if you are planning on using 2 computers to feed off one line. Even if you put the modem before the splitter, you will still need a modem to handle the internet signal to go to your other PC. So rather than having 2 modems, all you will need is a router. You will place this router between your cable modem and your 2 computers. From there you will need two CAT5 cables to go from the router to your 2 PCs. Have you looked at a wireless router?

Silver Member
Username: Arande2

400dB could probably d..., SouthWest Mi... Too Many DBs...

Post Number: 789
Yeah my 2wire wireless homeportal does the job of supplying internet to our laptops and desktops! Thank you 2wire!

Silver Member
Username: Bill984

Post Number: 197
THANKS I'LL LOOK INTO IT.

Bronze Member
Username: Er1013

Post Number: 45
Hello guys!
I am new into cable modem. I heard cable modem can be hacked so to connect to the internet w/o paying to the big guys. Is that possible and how could it be, anyone?
Eddie

Platinum Member

Post Number: 14053
So you want access to the internet by using a cable modem but you don't want to pay for it? You want free internet?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 46
Well, basically yes... Of course If it is possible. Those big companies have money already don't you think?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 47
Well, basically yes... Of course If it is possible. Those big companies have money already don't you think?...

Platinum Member

Post Number: 14054
And that justifies theft?

Silver Member
Username: Stefanom

Vienna, VA United States

Post Number: 597
No, you can't hack a cable modem. If you own a cable modem and hook it up to a dead cable outlet, you will get nada. You can screw around with the cable box, but I doubt you'll do anything of value with it. Mind you they can also monitor what is going on in their network, so they aren't blind or stupid.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 48
***Dear Berny, Great for you!!!. You are a man of honor. Pls continue paying to your ISP...

***Stephen Munz,Thank you for your comments. However, I have to tell u that u r totally wrong. I kept trying and trying different ways and guest what, "I GOT IT" Thank u just the same.

Silver Member
Username: Stefanom

Vienna, VA United States

Post Number: 606
Then its not a dead outlet, but they'll eventually find it all the same. You might also note that unauthorized network access is a felony in a lot of localities.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us