Need help!!! 1 year old computer, no power

Username: Bonifacio

Houston, Texas USA

Post Number: 1
I have a computer that I have been having a problem fixing, so I though you smart people would be able to help!!! The computer worked well, until they shut it off and it never started again. The computer is a compaq presario SR1620NX. Made 10-05. The computer PSU does not turn on, the green light shows but nothing.I disconnected everything including all the memory except for 1 and nothing. There was not a power surge and everything was shutdown correctly. Usually when a motherboard shorts out there is a burning smell. There is nothing I can tell is wrong with this. If someone has any knowledge of this please let me know. I find it hard to believe that it is the mother board but maybe. The power supply was removed and connected to a working computer and it worked on that computer but the voltage was lower than the power supply. Any suggestions on testing the power switch? the connection is 1 10 hole connection. I used one of the old time connections and placed it where the power switch would go and the computer would still not turn on.
ok enought babbling
what is your opinion
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us