Connecting s-video port laptop to rca tv

Username: Electron_user

Post Number: 1
Hai,
Hai Everybody. This is my first post. I have a Thoshiba laptop with s-video port. I want to connect this to a TV with RCA port. I bought
StarTech 6ft S-Video To Composite RCA Video Cable M/M -SVID2RCAMM6. Here is a link to it.
http://www.buy.com/retail/product.asp?sku=10399209&loc=101&sp=1
But the problem is I can't get the video on TV. I have connected s-video to s-video before. But this time its s-video to rca.
My question is: Is the cable I bought the right one? any suggestions?
Thank you.

Bronze Member
Username: Bachatero07

Post Number: 30
i've had that problem b4. i think that kind of cable isnt compatible with every comp or tv. try looking at your settings for the video card first tho. you probably missed something.

Username: Fsm2000

Hi,

I have a Dell Inspiron 630m
I have bought a S-video to RCA cable,
Can anyone help me how do i get the display on TV ? I am doing this for the first time, it would be great if someone can explain from the basics, what i need to do ? Thanks in advance

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 2949
Hook it up. S-video to RCA.

It won't work if you don't have a TV-out.

Username: Curtisbobbie

Post Number: 2
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Does anyone out there know, or know where I might find the Pin out signals for a 7 pin s-video output on a HP laptop, modle ze5738rs? HP is clueless. I know that one of the three center pins carries a composit video, but I'm not sure which other pin I need to use for a ground. My attempts with pins 5,6,&7 up to now have yielded a poor picture and flashes of light. I like many others here are trying to output video to a VCR/TV. I'm a little leary of crossing the wrong pins too long and ruining the video card. I found the following web site, but have gotten different results than it described in the following pinout list; although, I am using it for a refference for the pin numbers.
http://www.technick.net/public/code/cp_dpage.php?aiocp_dp=pinconhav_s_video_7pin
Pin Name Description
1 GND Ground (Y)
2 GND Ground (C)
3 Y Intensity (Luminance)
4 C Color (Chrominance)
5 - -
6 V Composite Video
7 VGND Composite Ground

Pin 7 on my unit appears to be the composit video and it will give a video display when paired with 1,2,5,&6; I have not tried 3 or 4 since the basic 4 pin s-video layout seems to be standard, even with my unit. Pin 7 paired with 1 or 2 does seem to give a better picture; howerver, I don't know if all of these pins 1,2,5,&6 are equal grounds or if I have a different return circuit on each one.
Anyone have any idea which pin should be used for the ground.
Thanks in advance,
curtisbobbie@hotmail.com

Username: Kamycka

Silver Spring, MD United State

Hi there! first of all thanks for getting this opportunity.
i have Toshiba Satellite M55-S329 Note Book. and i would like to connect it to my Tv. i already bought s-video connecting cable. but i can't see anything on my Tv screen. I have no idea about Computer. Please, try to help me what to do.
my email is kamycka@yahoo.com
Thank you!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us