VGA Adapter for Component Video

Username: Reyes

Post Number: 1
Okay I only have a vga port on the back of my computer and rca plugs on my vcr. I bought a vga to rca out converter and hooked everything up. ALl seems to be hooked up right. However, the computer will not detect the tv as being there. I have tried all kinds of ideas. Please help. Thanks. I have a dell inspiron 1150 with a Intel 2 extreme graphics card.

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 2903
Have you enabled the VGA output? Normally there is a button called 'Fn' between the 'Ctrl' and 'Alt' keys on your keyboard. You press the 'Fn' key with another button at the same time (usually F5 or another F[number] key) and it should turn the VGA on.

Post Number: 2
Yes I have the screen goes black for a second, but still nothing on the tv.

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 2908
I need to see the exact VGA-RCA converter you're talking about. Can you link me to a product page?

Post Number: 3
I bought it off of ebay, because I couldnt find it anywhere else online.

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-VGA-to-TV-CONVERTER-S-VIDEO-RCA-OUT-CABLE-ADAPTER_W0QQit emZ9713474008QQcategoryZ41999QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Username: Regalado1

Post Number: 8
You might be in the same boat as myself. Check out this transcoder. It changes your VGA output to component. http://sewelldirect.com/pc-to-tv.asp?source=yahooshopping
Also check out the other post "Gateway to Mitsubishi"

Post Number: 4
Well the cable that i am using is converting the vga to component.

Username: Regalado1

Post Number: 9
How do you know it is. Have you went into the display properties/settings/advanced and changed the monitor?

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 2916
Ahh, you're both using VGA to composite? Yeah, I'm fairly sure you would have to have the TV-Out function on your computer.

Though tell me how it works out if you just hook it up to the TV without doing anything. I haven't used that adaptor before.

Post Number: 5
I do have a tv out function on the computer because in my graphics card it says television capabilties. I have also looked for the second monitor in display properties it just doesnt pick it up

Post Number: 6
Okay so I bought this:
http://www.sat-depot.com/satweb/htm/about/vhdc300_vga_component.html

The computer now recognizes that there is a second monitor. It allows me to output to the tv. However, the tv screen goes black and and there is nothing there. I tried lowering the screen resoltion, but that did not help. The fact that the computer recognizes the second monitr, tells me that the connection is good.. HELP PLEASE.

Bronze Member
Username: Boyce

Post Number: 68
How can you hook it to you VCR? It is a VGA/component video (Y Pr Pb)= (red blue green RCA) * adapter, but your VCR is componsite input only (yellow RCA).?

Post Number: 7
A friend advised me that it wouldnt matter??????

Post Number: 8
OKay, I finally got something that will work. Here is the problem though. I need to change my settings from Pal to Ntsc. I can not figure out how to do this. Please help.

Bronze Member
Username: Luqe

Post Number: 16
hi
i have toshiba laptop and i forget its pw its a power on pw i think bios or system pw sorry i dont know wts its acc called anyway, if any one know how to remove this pw

Bronze Member
Username: Elmagico

Post Number: 25
you need to jump a chip inside the board reseting the bios.

Username: Dracon

Post Number: 7
I think that reseting bios wont help in toshiba laptops - but I might be wrong.

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 4800
The chip thing doesn't work anymore.

Contact the manufacturer.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us