Individual volume control for 5.1 speakers

Username: Cjkeldridge

Post Number: 1
does anyone know if there is any freeware that will allow me to increase the sound in each individual speaker so i can get the benefit of surround sound without being able to put the speakers in a perfect position

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 4667
Google is your friend.

Thought it wouldn't make much of a difference-it would ruin the sound effect more than anything in my opinion.

Post Number: 2
yes but i cannot hear either of the rear speaker because of the setup i have they are too far away and i cant bring them closer

Bronze Member
Username: Appzalien

Cleveland, Ohio US of A

Post Number: 99
It all depends on what software you have installed for sound. Windows only allows you to select 5.1 not control it, but the software for your sound may have its own section for balance and fade. I have a motherboard with onboard nVidia drivers and Sound Storm application that allows me to contol each speaker. What kind of sound chip or card are we dealing with here?

Post Number: 3
I have a Realtek AC 97

Post Number: 4
thankyou for your help i just figured it out there where extra volume controls that included rear speaker volume

Silver Member
Username: Appzalien

Cleveland, Ohio US of A

Post Number: 105
Great, I figured there must be something that got installed when you first setup the sound, you just had to find its link in the start menu or taskbar.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us