Dvd player to pc

Username: Jessem

Post Number: 1
I have 5.1 surround speakers connected to my dvd player which is connected to my pc using a RCA to miniplug cord. My computer seems to be detecting all of the speakers but when I open my realtek sound manager and do the 3d sound demo I do not hear sound that should be coming from behind me and directly infront of me. Also when I click the speakers in the speaker configuration window the center and rear speakers do not make sound.

Also is there a better way I can connect speakers with the red and black wire to my pc?

Bronze Member
Username: Appzalien

Cleveland, Ohio US of A

Post Number: 66
PC's have 5.1 outputs but only stereo inputs (line in), your only option would be to have your realtek create 5.1 surround from the stereo input. Your PC has speakers too right?, and there 5.1?, so your PC would be detecting those speakers. Either that or your description of your setup is misleading.

Post Number: 2
Well they arent computer speakers they are all the speakers that came with the dvd player no pc speakers. I have all the speakers pluged into the dvd player. I have the RCA plugs go into the dvd player and the mini plug go into the front speaker input on my pc. I tried putting it in the line in input but it wouldnt detect it.

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 9302
Is this DVD player a home theater in a box?

Post Number: 3
Um I dont know its a AMW dvd player that came with surround speakers.

Bronze Member
Username: Appzalien

Cleveland, Ohio US of A

Post Number: 72
Let me get this straight, you want your dvd player to give you 5.1 sound when watching a dvd movie and you want the same speakers to give you 5.1 sound from your pc when playing video or music or game on the pc, right? If thats the case you should have the line out from the pc going to line in (rca red and white) of the dvd player. Whether or not you get 5.1 sound with this setup really depends on the dvd players configuration being able to decode the stereo in to 5.1 out to the speakers. Since your outputing stereo to the dvd player you cannot get true 5.1 sound. If your pc is 5.1 capable (has at least 3 outputs [red orange black]) your best bet for true 5.1 is another inexpensive set of 5.1 speakers just for the pc. You can get a 75watt set for aroung $50-75 US.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us