Black Screen Of Death

Username: Biojohnny1

Post Number: 1
ok i have a toshiba satellite 1625CDT which is mainly used for writing. i turned it on this morning and the screen was completly black. It made the normal beeping sound of it booting and had the windows noise. Yet i cannot see anything. It also works with the an external monitor. After messing witht eh resoultion and any brightness controls there was a no go. Also it is not at a point where i can barely see it. even after shining a flashlight on it it is completly black. Does anyone know what the problem is for this or am i going to have to waste 60 bucks for an entirly new lcd

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 9227
You should have a function button that controls switching views from the lcd to an external monitor.

Look at the function buttons as well, there should be a button that indicates LCD/CRT.

Post Number: 2
i pressed the function key it did not turn on the lcd i know which one becasue i have a function key with the lcd and crrt on it and when pressed it does not turn on the lcd. also when pressed during connection for a monitor it goes black for a few seconds on the monitor but then returns to normal

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 3842
Nice suggestion, Berny.

If you can see a faint image, then the inverter is bad (it seems like you know that).

Though since you can't see any image, then yeah, a new LCD is probably what you need, it might even just need a new mobo to LCD cable. If you need help replacing the LCD, it's super easy.

And $60 for an LCD is an EXCELLENT price. They normally sell for $400-600.

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 9252
$60 is a hell of a price.

Post Number: 3
no i know how to replace and yeah 60 is bad considering the entire laptop including xp pro was only 100

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 3854
That's still a great price...try finding a new laptop for less than $160.

Again, sixty bucks is nothing.

Gold Member
Username: Evadelparaiso

Puerto Rico

Post Number: 1701
Real $60.00? O_O
emailme with your vendor phone, address or url :-)lol

Bronze Member
Username: Appzalien

Cleveland, Ohio US of A

Post Number: 78
I've never owned a laptop, but I know regular lcd monitors have a backlight, do laptop monitors have a backlight?

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 4128
Yep.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us