S-Video:Laptop to TV:-Only Wallpaper:No Icon or Desktop windows

Username: Anirbank

Post Number: 3
Hi,
"Only Wallpaper and No ICON or Window display on TV on connection of laptop to TV by S-video"

I recently bought an S video Cord and also RCA Audio cables along with it. I did the testing initially on my friends laptop to connect to the TV. It worked.

I have a compaq presario 2500/WindowsXP/ATI Radeon 345M Graphics card.I did all what is advised in the thread, such as:

a. Setup of connection of cables
b. Extend the Display of the laptop tp TV
c. Using Settings > Display > Advanced > Set TV specifications: Region: India Format : PAL-B
d. Changed resolution to 800 * 600 and all possible options.
e. Used Fn+F5 to switch between displays.

But all I can see is the WALLPAPER(color is maintained) of the laptop every time.None of the ICONS or the Windows TASKBAR is visible on the screen. On pressing Fn+ F5 the TV screen just flickers and on the laptop screen, I do not get an option to choose between LAPTOP,TV+LAPTOP,TV.

I read some of the above threads, where this issue is mentioned but no fixes yet.
Please Please someone help me see my laptop screen reproduced on TV!!!

Silver Member
Username: Wojopro

Summerville, SC

Post Number: 240
In advanced settings of your display you can move the icons and the start bar between monitors with a click of the button... Only thing you cant have them on both. I use a nvidia card
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us