Playing burnt DVD's on my DVD player help!! not working.

Bronze Member
Username: Syla12

Post Number: 13
What sort of video file will my dvd play when i burn it from my computer. (e.g. .avi, or .bin etc.)I have a hitachi dvd player. I have DVD-R empty dvd's that i burn my movies onto. I burn my movies using the program "ImToo avi to dvd converter." help would be truly appreciated.

Silver Member
Username: Appzalien

Cleveland, Ohio US of A

Post Number: 129
First off sami d, get a copy of GSpot codec appliance, install it (its free by the way) and use it to examine your avi's before you reencode them. You want to pay special attention to the frame rate for compatibility with your set top player. I live in the US and here its NTSC or 23 frames per sec, 29 frms will work also. If your in europe you will probably use PAL or 25 frames per sec. In Gspot look on the right about a third of the way down for the frms. If the video you have is 23 frms and your in a pal(25)country the reencoder you use must be able to change this or it will not be recognized by your Dvd player. There is a free open source encoder called avi2dvd that will change avi files between the two formats but it has some bugs (if the video is 16x9 widescreen avi2dvd will set auto pan&scan in the ifo's which makes the video go off screen to the sides on a non-widescreen tv, to fix it you must open both ifo files Avi2dvd makes with ifoedit[also free] and double click the 16x9 line in the bottom pane and uncheck Auto pan&scan, then save twice) I also uncheck make iso in the avi2dvd's second tab, since the iso would have the pan&scan error as well so I just make the video_ts folder and use ifo edit on it. Then I can use Dvdshrink to make the iso or burn the video_ts with nero. Check your I'm too encoder carefully to see if it can change pal to ntsc or the other way. Also beware of vbr audio, some encoders have problems and go out of sync to the video when the audio is vbr (I use Virtual Dub freeware to fix this, just do as the warning says when you load a vbr audio avi [reencode to pcm uncompressed reload that and encode to mp3]). Be sure to put the video section in Direct Stream when reencoding audio with V Dub to copy the video instead of reencoding it, its much faster. All these apps can be found by googling them and look for videohelp.com, doom9.org or afterdawn.net. These places have alot of freeware and tutorials to help you along.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us