Chaep comp

Silver Member
Username: Alex_f

Near lexington, Ky Us

Post Number: 993
I have a 200 gig hd, and a graphix card. I need the rest of th stuff that goes in the tower. lol but i don't know too much about comps. What else should i get for a comp? I don't want anything real special, just something to surf the net on. I'm tired of using my moms computer. i know i need a mother board, cpu, memory, and internet addaptors, but please help me pick out stuff.

Bronze Member
Username: Appzalien

Cleveland, Ohio US of A

Post Number: 22
Newegg.com has motherboard bundles and barebones bundles that you should look into. As long as your video card matches the motherboard you should be ok (agp vs pci-e). In the quick links you can click on barebones and what you usually get there is a case/powersupply/motherboard and the specifications will tell you what cpu you can use (get one with a fan and heatsink to save confusion on what cooler will fit if your not that experienced). Or in the quick links click on All catagories and go to Motherboards then Motherboard/CPU/VGA Set to see the selection of motherboard bundles (some include video cards you don't want that do you?) bundles vary, some include memory some video cards and all the cpu and cooler. This will take the guess work out of matching the Mobo with Cpu you need to make sure the one you choose is compatible with your video card. If your only going to surf and not do graphics or play new games you don't need anything expensive or fast. You can choose any case but get a separate antec power supply for quality assurance, most cheap cases include power supplies they call throw aways, there not reliable. You will need to know which power connector the motherboard you choose uses (20Pin vs 24pin) and a 20+4 pin power supply will fit both types (its a 24 pin with a 4 pin segment that will come apart).
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us