Silver Member
Username: Delsole

Post Number: 112
if so how do you like it

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 2737
They're such a waste of money. The only thing they have going for them besides the unique design is a high performance video card-which is overpriced and a desktop equivalent could outperform it in half the cost and twice the performance. Alienware's screen quality isn't that great and HDD sizes etc are smaller than a standard laptop.

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 2738
...and they're not ideal for college unless all you do is game...

Silver Member

Post Number: 130
wow so they really arent all that great enless you plan on gaming wit them
i was just wondering because i noticed how great there stats seemed and how good they looked but i will take your advice

Silver Member

Post Number: 131
can you give me the name of a laptop with 2 gigs or more of memory for half the price of an alien and one well i want it to out preform the alien to doest have to be half the price but mabe a lil bit cheaper

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 2741
That's only my opinion, I encourage you to get opinions from others as well...

http://laptopmag.com/Tools/Guide/Notebooks/index.asp

That is the best way to determine what you want in a laptop. Read the reviews for each and get a feel for each laptop's different attributes...personally, I love Toshiba and the one I have right now is very competitive with an Alienware minus the vid card (64mb GeForce 5200Go-which most Alienware's could beat) but it still runs games really nicely, has a super nice screen, great audio hardware, battery life (great for long lectures when you don't have a power outlet nearby), and great build quality.

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 7003
Joseph,
Have you considered Apple?

Silver Member

Post Number: 159
apple laptops

ive never really been to fond of apple because no one i know really has one and personaly i dident even know apple made laptops

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 7098
How can you be fond of something you don't even know?:-)

Check out the mac book

http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPLE/WebObjects/AppleStore.woa/6204002/wo/WA3Li ERsuVNv2ibyyjWUCqIg9PY/0.PSLID?mco=A9B2084&nclm=MacBookPro

Silver Member

Post Number: 182
well i know them in all like i used them is school but they arent really all that talked about u know what im sayin there kinda on the down low

Gold Member
Username: Gavincumm

New York USA

Post Number: 1196
I myself have an iBook, and it is the best machine that I have ever used.

FWIW, alienware's laptops are NOT overpriced. I firmly beleive that if you are going to get a good computer, you have to PAY for it. My iBook was a deal at only $1200 (and doesn't have DVD burner, took that out and downgraded to a DVD- CDRW).

I wouldn't hesitate to purchase an alienware. They are the only winblows machines that I have used that don't crash on me, perform well, and are stylish. Note I didn't say Im a gamer.

I am currently on my mothers fiancee's toshiba satelite and think that the keyboard is the biggest POS I have ever used. I hate it with a passion, wheras the alienware and my mac have a mice keyboard with decent relief, not to mention quiet.

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 3068
Alienware laptops are a joke! I have a friend that bought one and it only gets HALF AN HOUR of battery life before it dies when it isn't plugged into the wall! And that's running the graphics card at HALF POWER! haha. He paid 3k for that thing just a few weeks ago. It's a slightly portable desktop!

Crashing really has nothing to do with the hardware, it's all in the software. Granted, some laptop brands might come with pre-installed drivers/software that could conflict with what you need to install causing the system to crash as well as it just being buggy software for certain resources. And personally, I love almost any Sony design over Alienware...I know some people that absolutely detest Alienware's style...

And what Toshiba are you on specifically? Yeah, the keyboard might be difficult to type on, but admittedly it is high quality.

A better laptop to look at in place of any Alienware would be the Toshiba P105-S921. That thing is amazing.

Kinda funny about "winblows" when most of the mac's I've worked on crash on me, specifically the new G5s (iMacs included) and Minis...yet the G4s run extremely stable. It's the worst when you've just edited a nice home movie in Final Cut Pro and you go to render it and it freezes on you...

Bronze Member
Username: Aculous

Post Number: 15
sigh...

alienware laptops are completely worthless and now they are a dell product EVEN WORSE!!!

ok if you want high performance check out

pro-star.com
falcon-nw.com
and also ABS computers makes some really nice gaming laptops

the laptops made by falcon are absolutely ridiculous, they will run laps around an alienware laptop and they slap them and call them sally.

Alienware are also super unreliable I've worked on a ton of them with motherboard issues do to their design. I can build their 4000$ laptop that they have for a little over 1800$ using the ASUS barebones system.

so in closing alienware, as a company is a gimmick.

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 3074
Right on!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us