My speakers do not work!

Username: Aria

Las Vegas, NV YSA

Post Number: 1
I am a writer so I/S isn't my forte. I got a new Dell from Dad for my birthday. Along with it came two speakers and a Harman/Kardon treble/woofer box. The main speaker has two lines running from it. One small line has a burnt orange connection which matches the color on the other speaker. I plugged it in. The thicker cable has a connection that fits directly in the box. The box has a power cord and I plugged it into my power strip. Now what? If it doesn't go into the computer, that means no sound! Any help would be great and thanks! I asked my DAd and he's lost. Upload

Bronze Member
Username: Boyce

Post Number: 99
I believe it should come with like Multi-channel input cable for plug to PC, do you know what model no for that sub?

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 8071
Check the box for the manual... you should see a connection diagram for your particular PC or better yet call Dell Tech Support. They have excellent tech support.

Good luck.

Las Vegas, NV YSA

Post Number: 2
Thanks Berny and Boyce. I think my Dad is Dell! No manual for any of it. I have another PC loaded but I can't see where in the world another thing would go. All things are plugged. For Boyce: it came with he input cable which went to the speaker rather than the PC. Still think I better call Dell. This Box, this treble and woofer/speaker system are by Harman/Kardon. Upload

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 3018
Explain what you mean by

quote:

The thicker cable has a connection that fits directly in the box.

What is the box? Is this a subwoofer unit? Where does the thicker cable begin and end as far as what it is hooked up to?

Gold Member

Post Number: 8105
Scarletta,
Have you called Dell yet?

Las Vegas, NV YSA

Post Number: 3
High and thanks so much. Okay it is a subwoofer box. It has the usual power cord and that went into the power strip. The subwoofer box has a connection point in the back. The right speaker has a thick cable, which fit into the subwoofer box. A thinner line connects into the right speaker. There is absolutely no more entry points or extra dangling cords in this equation. I know something has to into the computer itself but what? Thanks!

Las Vegas, NV YSA

Post Number: 4
Oh, does anybody have the Dell number? My last PC was IBM.

Gold Member

Post Number: 8107
Did those speakers come with a manual?

Gold Member

Post Number: 8108
http://support.dell.com/
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?