Need powered PC speakers that connect via RCA inputs

Silver Member
Username: Fps_dean

Williamstown, MA USA

Post Number: 144
Okay here is the deal. I have a M-Audio Audiophile sound card. It has multiple RCA outputs, one of which I am using to output to a 1970s Mcintosh receiver.

What I would like to do so I dont have to have the Mcntosh on all day long is buy a cheaper pair of powered speakers that can plug into RCA inputs. They don't have to sound great to serve their purpose as their main purpose is so if I am watching TV in another room, I can turn the speakers on instead of the amp. I just need to hear if someone sends me an instant message because my partner at work may need something from me and that is how we usually communicate when he does. I would be willing to spend up to about $100 or so.

I can always get a 1/8" to RCA adapter as well if need be.

Username: Jwilhite

Post Number: 9
Sorry it has taken so long for some one to post here. Okay here's what I have to offer. I am a Bose speaker lover. I bought a pair of Bose Media Mate computer speakers, which in fact have RCA in puts. The nice thing about these speakers are they use a full range driver which dilivers full sound and they don't take up much room. It uses a active equalizer to get the best sound out of these full range drivers. I hope this helps.

Jon

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 2790
MediaMates and the QuietComfort headphones are one of the few things Bose does right, barely.

Other than that, their equipment is trash.

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 7246
That response took a while:-)

Bronze Member
Username: Jwilhite

Post Number: 18
Your right about the MediaMates and the QuietComfort headphones. I am sorry if I might of pushed about the bose speakers!! Sorry!!

Jon

Bronze Member
Username: Prankstar008

San Diego, CA USA

Post Number: 69
check out the swan m200...newegg sells them..they are regarded as the best pair of computer speakers ever made in their class.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us