Computer sounds card connected to car audio

Username: Pricey1985

Sydney, NSW Australia

Post Number: 10
Hey All,
What im thinking of doing it building a computer and putting it in my car in which i can store tens of thousands of songs on the hard drive. Has anyone done this and if so what is the sound quality, do you need a high quality sound card or does the average one work ok. I will be running the audio from the computer in to several ampswhich will be going to good quality speakers. Any Suggestions would be Appreciated......Cheers

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

Post Number: 1002
The sound quality would be excellent. Some cops have desktops in their cars with the tower in the trunk and a touchscreen LCD monitor near the stereo.

Silver Member
Username: G3nocd3

San Jose, Ca USA

Post Number: 241
I have a desktop in my ride. Love it. I run optic now with a conversion boz, instead of wires or rca's Sounds awsome. There is one problem that most dont think about. A pc in a vehicle = really bad, You will need to do some customizing and fabrication to make it work. Vibration kills. Use bungees. Have your harddrives suspended by bungees or a spring setup, or else you will fry your drives. Ive seen em for sale, but i just made my own. Alot easier,
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us