Overheating Emachine

Lohan
Unregistered guest
K, I have a emachine and i have a major overheating problem. My computer usually runs at around 50c* and that is with a large fan blowing directly onto the cpu( have to have the cover off). When i try to play any games on the comp it will shoot up to 60c* and then restart. i have 512 ram and a 120gb hard drive. please help me with wat i should do.

Bronze Member
Username: Bachatero07

Post Number: 28
sorry it took so long for someone to answer. i hope your problem is fixed by now. if it isnt, ur problem might be with a bad power supply fan or bad contact between the cpu and its heatsink. lastly, (but most likely not the case) you might have a bad fan on your video card if you have one out of the motherboard.

Username: Frodo

Post Number: 7
Dennis is right, sounds like the CPU is not contacting the heatsink well enough. Did you try touching the heatsink with your fingers when the PC is running games? Try it, and ask yourself this. If the PC is reporting CPU temp of about 60, your finger should tell you something, if you can leave your finger on and not be forced to take off by the heat, then your heatsink is not contacting well. Reasonably, the heatsinnk should feel pretty hot when the PC is reporting 60 degrees. Otherwise, if your heatsink does fell very hot for you to even touch, then the heatsink is not up to scratch, check voltage and if you are overclocking.

Silver Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Chicago, Illinois U.S.A

Post Number: 297
My friend had the same exact problem with his E-Machines.The problem is your power supply.You aren't providing your computer with enough power and it's causing the processor to over-heat because of that.He swapped his power supply and has no problems anymore.It was funny because it would get so hot that if you touched the case you would burn your hand :-)

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 4917
Did you actually upgrade an emachines? haha

Silver Member
Username: Mrskullz1

Brooklyn, New York

Post Number: 474
emachines is crap isnt it?

Bronze Member
Username: Durski