Capute Mini DV... Black Screen. Help.

Username: Slubberbub

Post Number: 1
I have a JVC mini dv camcorder. I also just got a firwire cable. I plug in my cam, turn it to playback, and start up PowerDirector. It has a DV capture feature. The preview window is blank, but I know that my computer recognizes the camera because I can use PowerDirector to make it play, rewind, ect (this i can see on the LCD of the camera). But when I try to record it tells me,

"You cannot use the capture function because the iLINK mode on the HDV machine is not identical to the recorded format on the tape. Please change the iLINK mode and try again."

I have also tried using Windows Movie Maker, and several other programs. All of them come back with errors and no video.

Do I need some kind of drivers for it to record correctly or what?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Username: Asia04

Post Number: 2
Hi
I have the same problem. Can't find the solution. Did you have any luck with capturing? Any help - please...

Platinum Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 15849
How much RAM are you running?

What is your Operating System?

Post Number: 3
Hi
My operating System - Microsoft Windows XP Professional, Version 2002, Service Pack 2
Dell with 1.60GHz, 896MB of RAM, after startup my PF usage is 685MB (if that has anything to do with the performance of my PC)

Bronze Member
Username: Ieee488

Post Number: 91
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=CA0F2007-18B5-4112-8BD6 -8BF4BD3130B9&displaylang=en

Post Number: 4
Hi there
I have installed the update suggested, but still no luck :-(
On Power Director I still get the message:" You cannot use the capture function because the iLINK mode on the HDV machine is not identical to the recorded format on the tape. Please change the iLINK mode and try again." , and on Windows Movie Maker - "The video was not captured correctly. Verify that your video camera and capture device are configured properly".
The camcorder I'm using is JVC miniDV Digital Video Camera GR-DVP3E - there are no setting for recording other than Long play LP or SP standard play.
What do I do wrong???

Bronze Member

Post Number: 92
Put a brand new tape into the camcorder. Capture some video. And try the video capture again.

Try looking around JVC's website for anything about this problem.

Username: Jhaley8

Post Number: 1
Getting "You cannot use the capture function because the i link mode on the hdv machine is not identical to the recorded format on the tape. Please check the tape status or make sure the contents of the tape is hdv format and then reconnect the ilink again." Sony HDR-HC5 connected via firewire to Powerdirector on new Win 7 Pro 64bit. The recorded format is HD. Googled, see this problem a lot and only "solution" seems to be update firewire card driver. Computer is bran new and was built to do hd to blu-ray, came with Cyberlink powerdirector. I cannot see my card in devices and have run programs to update drivers, been to Microsoft and to Sony for any updates, downloaded and installed all possible suspects, even upgraded from powerdirector from 7 to 9, all with little hope and no result. Ideas? I'm no tech whiz and am new to editing, so I'm hoping for suggestions/solutions that don't make my eyes glaze over.(If the answer is the firewire card driver, how do I see the card to know what kind it is and where should I look for the update if not from the mfg.?) Thanks -

Silver Member

Post Number: 549
You should ask you question at
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/forums/list/ENU.page
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums