Panasonic Mini DV - NV-GS21 software

Twisted
Unregistered guest
Hi all
I've just bought the Panasonic Mini DV Model NV-GS21, problem being we didn't recieve any software for it, when I plug it into the PC I get all the usual found hardware wizard, which is looking for the drivers we didn't get, I've searched on the net for the drivers without any success, can anyone help, does anyone know where I can find the drivers?

Accent
Unregistered guest
same problem for me, but i have a PV-GS9

Silver Member
Username: Gromit

Post Number: 404
Assuming you are trying to transfer video, buy a firewire card for your computer and you will almost certainly not require specific drivers.

Cheers.

Unregistered guest
well, i have the panasonic NV-GS21 too and i don't have the software. The USB drivers. I need those drivers to be able to transform my cam into an e-cam like it says on the documentation. My camera works very fine with Movie Maker through firewire and also usb capture, but ain't working with Yahoo Messenger. Anyboby got any ideea? I tried every single setup in YM but still without results. Please help. Regards

GTAfrica
Unregistered guest
Hi
Same problem here. I called panasonic and they said it is not supplied with software.

This must be the dumbest thing in the whole world!! I got mine in London and live in Africa, so can't take it back.

Aparently it is available from 3rd party sources...

SO STUPID

frustrated
Unregistered guest
So do we have to buy the software seperately? That's so not right!!!! I have Panasonic PV-GS9 and it used to work fine with WMM(windows Movie Maker), now it won't work anymore!! I tried everything!!! NOTHING's WORKING!!! help!!!

Bauzil
Unregistered guest
The same problem Panasonic Mini DV Model NV-GS17. I dont have any driver...Im searching in google, etc. HELP!! :-(

Coxy
Unregistered guest
Yeh i got a NV-GS21 for christmas... same problem! Stupid panasonic, surely theres a way of notifying them and getting them to produce software for download.

Oliver Cogan
Unregistered guest
I have just searched through all the Christmas rubbish to no avail and then just read all your notes on this forum! Areyou all saying that there is no CD in the box at all? It says in the connection with PC user guide that a CD Rom is required on your PC, surely this is contradictory?

Question for coolcatdesign:

How have you got the cam working with USB capture and with movie maker when, without the drivers, Windows does not recognise the hardware?

Pls advise, really stuck!?

JamesDaMan
Unregistered guest
I can confirm: the NV-GS21 does NOT come with software (check the software guide, page 2; it clearly states "NV-GS21/17: not supplied"). It WILL NOT connect to my PC out of the box. I can use it as a webcam via USB (ooooh 12k JPGS - what quality!), but neither USB nor Firewire cables came supplied with it.

I will go and buy a Firewire cable to see if that works later today.

My advice to anyone planning on buying this camera: AVOID! It did come with cables to hook it up to a DVD player. And lose all the extra quality that a DV camera gives you over MPEG.

I am, quite frankly, stunned.

be_a_duck
Unregistered guest
Hi there, I've got the same problem. Can't find a driver for my nv-gs17; should anyone have the salvation please email me at: pbiedak(at)o2.pl; cheers

PanasonicRookie17
Unregistered guest
Hi,

My NV-GS17 works OK using firewire, but will only give low quality over USB. However, since I don't have firewire on the PC I intend to use, I went looking for a USB driver.

Just downloaded some stuff from this place:
http://parceiros.panasonic-sonicel.com/DesktopDefault.aspx?tabid=415

Not sure if it is what I'm looking for (haven't tried it yet), but it seems promising.

Unregistered guest
Hi!

I have panasonic NV-GS21 camera, and I am trying to swicth with PC like webcam! And its not working! Do I need special program or driver?

Unregistered guest
hi!
I wish i did my research before i bought my nv-gs17. Only opened it 2day and wanted to hook up to pc. Tried downloading stuff from http://parceiros.panasonic-sonicel.com/DesktopDefault.aspx?tabid=415 still not workingNow im stuck with it.

Gareth_Coles
Unregistered guest
Hi,

Has anyone had any luck using one of these with firewire?

I've got one and it detects when I connect it but when I try and edit it with Windows Movie Maker (not the best I know) I get the message "The Specified DV device is not responding". Anyone else come across this?

Thanks,

Gareth

Subramanian
Unregistered guest
Hi,
I use my Panasonic PVGS15 as a webcam on yahoo messenger by connecting it through USB and then using DVDriver to convert the USB signal into a webcam signal.

Surprisingly, this problem only occurs with Yahoo. With MSN Messenger, I do not need to use DVDriver.

Hope this helps.
Subramanian

Unregistered guest
Anything new with pana gs21? Any link,something?
If no pc connection is available from it's own drivers,then we are ''jumped''.....keep on searching everybody!!!!

Unregistered guest
Hey,me again.....Read carefully!!!!!! Panasonic nvgs21 is working perfectly by now connected to my p.c!!All we had to do was to turn the silver switch (not the joystick)to 'pc' function, turn on the cam,and xp (or other os)will do the rest. Now i also bought an sd card (Secure Digital card) which is combatible with the cam and i can only transfer the photos because that's the only thing that can be stored in sd card....pretty dummy,ha? Now if i find something else , will let you know, Oh...forgot,i 'stole' the DV Studio3 from an other pana cam(gs11)so if anyone want it send to ''alexication@yahoo.gr'' your request and i'll send it back to you!!!!

Unregistered guest
I have a Panasonic NV-GS21 and i don't have a PC driver. Where can i get one?

Dakrout
Unregistered guest
Hi
I have a NV-GS17 and i have no idea what to do. No CD or nothing in the box. I wanna hook it up to my PC but i need to install the hardware. Any know where i can download the drivers or hardware or whatever i need to make this damn thing work?!?!?!

Please email me if u know anything: dakrout@hotmail.co.uk
Many thanks

tigersfanjj
Unregistered guest
You guys can try this:

http://www.panasonic.com/consumer_electronics/Camcorder/support.asp

Username: Dk_the_magician

Post Number: 1
Ok I have tried everything, downloaded drivers, changed switch, and changed PC's. The thing is still not working. The device is recognised as a storage device but all my editing software does not recognises a digital camera attached to the PC.

Using xp, sp2

i got the camera as a ex display model so no manual, does anyone have any advice?

Username: Helpmepls

Mondfovi, Wisconsin Usa

i have a pv-gs9 when i hook it up to my pc and turn it on it makes like 4 really fast beem noises?? nothing happens. when i go into an editor it ses i need a video drive?? can u download them?? do u have to buy them?? it workt a month ago?? my camera is my income and i cant aford a new one!! please help

Username: Rahulvaidehi

I have a NV GS17. I downloaded drivers and Motion Video. Still does not work via USB. On connecting to window shows as WEB and not USB. Please help.

Username: Marinuuu

A, A Aa

I have a NV GS21 and i don't have any drivers. Where can i get one ?

Username: Roostagarber

UK

As a videocam, Panasonic NV-GS17 works fine.
I know it is capable of transferring from the camera to a PC via a firewire. It works on a friends PC, not on my own.

My home PC has Windows 98, not XP. I bought a USB cable for my own PC. The computer asks for a driver (which I don't have).

The camcorder recognises that it is in WEBCAM mode and displays that on the viewfinder. I have imagedisplay and the words webcam but that is as far as I have proceeded. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Tanya

Bronze Member
Username: Frankthetank

Post Number: 76
Twisted where ya from dude?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 77
Accent same goes for you dude

Bronze Member

Post Number: 78
whats a good cam to get?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 79
Is sony good or JVC?

Username: Ear1976

hi all

I have a NV GS21 cam. There is no drivers available anywhere. You need XP with sp2, and the cam will work fine on USB and fire wire. (plug and play).

For tranfer photos, camera should be on PC mode (transfer from SD card only). Or use an SD card reader.

For tranfer video, put camera on video play mode. It works with WMM or other software for video capture (not all, some software does not recognize it).

On USB work with low resolution only (320 x 270), for best quality (eg 720x520, 30 fr, 8000 kbs bitrate) use firewire.

The best way is to use analog capture (with a video capture card and connected to s-video). In this way you can have also date and time registered on video. Most of software will recognize the analog device because it using drivers for video capture card.

For WEB cam, conect on USB or fire wire and put it in video rec mode.

The only one advantage for fire wire is auto-control of camera (automaticaly rewind, start and stop of tape) if the software for capture can do this.

My advice: don't buy it: max res for picture 640x480, cannot erase a tape, date and time on picture available only in camera (not after transfering), date and time for video only using analogue capture (s-video). Also, the built in light it a bullshit.

Username: Mattdv

Hello Guys
I just purchased a second hand Panasonic Mini DV NV-GS5 got it off ebay with absolutely nothing (which is expected at a bargain price). not even a lense cap instructions or any cables. I went out & bought a firewire cable pluged it straight in everything work fine. It recognised the camera using windows xp / showbiz arcsoft/ windows movie maker. Works brillantly. I also tried to use it as webcam on MSN & YAHOO but it didnt recognise it. For those guys with same problem I have a solution. Download a program called SPLITCAM then install it. To setup just need to select the cam source in splitcam & MSN or YAHOO. Works perfectly.
My advice is dont bother searching for USB drivers just use firewire cable. Its so simple even I could do it. Now thats really saying something. I also have a cheap but effective solution to a missing lense cap for most Panasonic Mini DV cameras, Find a still camera film container (old school black with grey lid) Just slice off the inner rim of cap. Beware not to slice yourself. Its a perfect fit. Hope this info prevents other bloggers from ripping out more hair.

Username: Cxjiek

I have a nv-ds60. They did provide a software.
BUT THE SOFTWARE CAN ONLY TRANSFER THE STILL PICTURES!!!NO AUDIO!!!NO MOTION!!!
ARG!!!

Username: Imgvideos

Here is the link for the USB driver for the Panasonic PV-GS9:

http://www2.panasonic.com/consumer-electronics/support/Cameras-Camcorders/Camcor ders/MiniDV-Camcorders/model.PV-GS9.H

Hope that helps everyone out!

-Scot
IMG - Interactive Media Gurus

Username: Colourmehappy

I have a Panasonic nv-gs21 and like most of you I had the same problem. Well, the answer was simple. download the latest direct x driver 9 would do it. if anyone needs the manual, i can scan and post it.

Username: Mparents2007

The simplst way to save video frmo a camera connected by usb is to use windows movie maker, this available to anyone with a genuine windows xp with sp2 on it this works for me with the NV-GS17EB
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us