Canon Elura mini-dv cam transfer to PC

Username: Elura_novice

Post Number: 1
Hi. I have a Canon Elura digital video camcorder and what i am trying to do is to transfer the videos from the tape to the pc.

I bought a IEEE 1394 Firewire PCI card yesterday & my win xp sp2 automatically detected it & installed it automatically. It also came with a 4 to 6-pin firewire cable (my elura has a 4-pin firewire). My problem is, as soon as i open my Ulead ver. 11, or Windows movie maker, its giving me an error like this "Either no video capture driver is installed in the system, or no device is connected". I have tried to read alot of forums on how to transfer it the right way, but i failed. I checked device manager, the 1394 is there under network adapters.. and there's something that shows IEEE 1394 bus host controllers which have VIA OHCI Compliant IEEE 1394 Host Controller.

I tried to download some of those "video capture" drivers they were telling me about but still it gave me same error message. Pls., could you pls give me a link on what to install or pls tell me what are the things i'm missing out here. I am very new to this , i really appreciate all the information you could give me. Thanks so much!
}}

Bronze Member
Username: Ieee488

Post Number: 41
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=CA0F2007-18B5-4112-8BD6 -8BF4BD3130B9
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us