How to transfer Video with my sony handycam DRC-HC19E PAL on my laptop?

Username: Frenchone

Post Number: 2
Hi, I have a problem and would be grateful if someone could help
I have a laptop running on vista, havent got firewire so using USB connection and picture package that was provided with the camera.
Picture package can see the camera ok as the USB Stream tool can adjust the video but I just cant burn a CD.
We should be able to do it straight from the camera but when going on burn VCD it check for connection and says " error check connected device" so it doesn't work.
We previously tried on another laptop who was running XP and the same problem occured. Basically we have never been able to copy our videos to CDs yet.
Would anyone have a suggestion?
Many thanks

Platinum Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 14283
Do you transfer the video to the hard drive first?

Check the video format before trying to burn to VCD.

Post Number: 3
How do I transfer the video to the hard drive? Sorry might sound really stupid to you.
Also how do I check the video format?

Platinum Member

Post Number: 14287
There is your first problem. You need to get a decent video capture program like Ulead or Pinnacle to capture the video from the camera to the hard drive.

USB streaming is just that...it streams video but it does not necessarily mean you can record the stream.

Post Number: 4
Oh dear this is so confusing. Do I need to buy the video capture program then or can I dowload it?
Anyway when I get this program what am I meant to do?
Sorry once again for sounding so stupid.
Many thanks

Post Number: 5
sorry just one more question... Isn't picture package meant to be a video capture program?

Platinum Member

Post Number: 14288
The question is...does it work for the purpose you want it for?

If you are having that much trouble with the program, is it worth pursuing? Have you tried tech support from the makers of the program? And if you did ask them for help...were they very supportive?

Either way, if you want to burn a VCD (not a very good format to begin with), you still need to get the video from the camera to the hard drive.

Once you are successful in doing that, you need to change the format of the video to something that will burn onto a VCD.

So you will need a converter to for the native format of your camera.

The most important you need to worry about is transferring the footage from the camera to the hard drive. Worry about conversion later.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us