Sony Cyber Shot DSC-W5

Username: Rgedrifter

Post Number: 1
Purchased DSC-W5 14 months ago Camera has worked fine. Took 10-15 shots of our older kids this evening. Turned camera off handed it to my wife. She turned the selector to review the photos - turned camera - reviewed images just fine - then switched mode to take some shots of our 3 month old .. and the camera shut off. Replaced batteries - camera comes on - Cyber Shot splash screen appears - then goes out. Turned selector back to review mode - turned on camera - Cyber Shot splash screen appears, "accessing" appears - images can be viewed. Menu can be accessed and setting can be checked and changed - but once camera is changed to one of the many "photo/video" taking modes - camera shuts off. Images can be accessed and downloaded to PC with no problem via USB.

Just my luck extended warranty expired a month ago.

Any suggestions would be grateful.

Username: Rgedrifter

Post Number: 2
Additional info to below - when camera is turned on in a image taking mode - cyber shot splash screen appears, "acess" appears, Lens extends - THEN the camera shuts off with lens extended. When turning back on in review mode - then len retracts and images can be viewed.

Username: Rivreside

Riverside, CA United States

Any cure for the message: "Turn the power off and on again" when the camera is turned on; and when turned off, the lens will not retract?

Username: Doneil

I'm interested in this problem too... My camera (same model) did the same thing after about the same time. Just died on me at the end of our honeymoon... I could get it to take a pic every now and then if I pointed the lens straight down. Tried swapping batteries AND memory stick... nothing. I think it's just junk... last Sony camera I'm going to buy. I had a Nikon that lasted 6 or 7 years, with only one burnt pixel, got the Sony, and it was toast after a little after a year.

Username: Dantekuria

Mombasa, Coast Kenya

I have a cybershot 6.0 sony. the problem is when taking pictures its great but when it comes to downloading them the pictures appear multi...repetition of same pic but multiple pictures on the screen...this happens to each shot i took. I misplaced the usb cord but am using a high speed cord..I dont know what the problem is...co uld some one please help out urgently....

Username: Ksandy

Anyone have a copy of the user guide that I could download? Sony Cyber Shot W50 Thanks

Platinum Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 14026
Try Sony's website.

Username: Bashybebe225

i have a sony cybershot dsc-w55, i have a memory card in but i want to transfer my photos to my computer.....please help! i also want to know if i take the memory card out if all my photos will be erased?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us