Need help with Panasonic SDR H18 camcorder!!

Username: Andescondor

Post Number: 1
I purchased a Panasonic SDR H18 30 GB dard disk camcorder. It was a good experience shooting with it. I also installed the ImageMixer3 software provided by Panasonic on both my laptops. One runs Windows Vista and the other runs Windows XP Service Pack 2. The issue is that the camcorder is NOT being recognized by both laptops - even the Xp SP2 laptop doesn't seem to recognize it. I re connected the provided USB cable to make sure everything is fine.. Later, I performed a quick check and connected my Canon S2 IS camera. The USB ports work just fine. Panasonic hasn't listed Vista as the supported OS but even XP doesn't recognize my camcorder.

Any pointers and experiences are greatly appreciated. What use is a camcorder if I can't transfer the videos :-(. Thank you.

Username: Herrmannator

Post Number: 1
Hi -- I actually just spent 2 hours with the same problem and was looking for drivers and solutions when I noticed your post. Finally, for no real reason, I started pressing buttons on the SDR-H18 while it was powered "ON" and connected to the PC, and then when I tried pressing in on the Joystick, that triggerred the device to begin communicating with Windows XP and it was all of a sudden installed and recognized and woring fine.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us