Resale:

Gold Member
Username: Magfan

USA

Post Number: 3305
Be CAREFUL which camera you purchase. Resale on a commodity item which changes on a regular, 3 ot 4 month schedule is AWUFL. As a trade? Look for that 2 or so year old camera to depreciate maybe 75% or MORE. I suspect a lens has better 'staying power'.
As an outright sale? you'll do MUCH better but must go thru the hassle of advertising and actually making the connection with a qualified buyer. You know, somebody that WANTS the camera AND actually has Money!

A couple years ago I sold some Canon gear. Lenses and all. Some of the glass was 'L' glass, which is tops. Store price was one thing but with some Craig's List time, I beat that by 50% or more. But what a Hassle and nerves.

The lesson? Purchase for lasting value not 'glitz'. New stuff will come out with more 'features' but do you need them?
I'd purchase the best GLASS I could, depending on what I desired for the final product. Huge Enlargements require good glass. Internet or small prints? not so much. I see a lot of my work on my 50" TV. Looks fine, to me. And the HD video is better than what comes over the small dish.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us