Digital Camera Customer Service

Unregistered guest
Background Info: I had a Sony Cybershot DSC-P73 for about 6 months. I took over 6000 pictures with it and some video. While I was on vacation, the flash decided to stop working. I believe it was the bulb. I went to the Sony website and found out that it would cost at least $170 to send my camera in to get it fixed. I figured I could just buy a new camera so I didn't send it in. I found another site that sold flash bulbs for this particular camera and decided I would fix it myself. Well, I opened it up and found out I had to solder the flash bulb in. I think the camera is as good as gone and I should just buy another one.

My question is: what brands of digital cameras have good customer service? For those who have had problems and sent them in to customer service, what was your experience like? If you chose to use an independent service for repairs, how many were available to you (either local or long distance)? How much did the repair cost? What are some problems you've had with your digital camera?

I don't want to buy Sony again because I've heard too many bad stories about their customer service. I'm thinking of getting a Panasonic, Canon, or Olympus.

I greatly appreciate any information you can give.

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 4219
Canon and Olympus provide great customer service. If the cameras are within the warranty period, you only have to worry about shipping. And if the camera has a problem common to all the models, they usually fix for free. I have had no dealings with Panasonic, so I cannot make a comment.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us