Starter lenses for Nikon d70

sooze
Unregistered guest
I'm looking for a starter lense for my D70 - in the 24 - 70 range. Can I use regular Nikon lenses on the d70 or do I need D70 specific? What do I look for in the lense description? I've noticed that some just have 24-70mmD, others include EX, other aspherical - are they all the same?

thanks for your continued help.

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 3175
Yes, you can use regular nikon lenses on your d-70. The DX designated lenses are Digital camera specific but not necessary for your D70. However you cannot use the DX lenses for regular cameras.

Why don't you get the Nikon/Nikkor 18-70mm, which is the lens that came with the kit? A very versatile carry around lens.

You could also go for the 28-70mm f/2.8 ED-IF AF-S Zoom-Nikkor. Expensive, but a very good lens, specially if you can't use the flash. Or the 24-85mm f/2.8-4D IF AF Zoom-Nikkor.

EX and aspherical lenses are after market lenses by either Sigma or Tamron. None of which I like. They are only a little less expensive than Nikon glass but you won't be able to get a good resale value on them unless you are willing to let them go for less than half the purchase price. With Nikon glass, you can get very close to the original purchase price and they sell rather quickly to Nikon users.

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us