Panamax MX5400 power conditioner
Xbox360
Playstation 3
Playstation 2
Logitech Harmony 1000 Universal Remote unit
Axiom Loudspeakers:
M60 Towers
VP150 Center
QS4 Surrounds (mounted 36 inches above and 10 degrees behind viewing position)
M22 Rear Center
EP500 Sub

on to the pics!

PeteUpload
Upload

I love my Axioms! They sound amazing. I am using a Zenith Silver Sensor for over the air HD for now. I may go with DirecTV for my HD programming once they announce the channel line up. Picture quality is amazing in Blue Ray and over the air HD (1080i)
My son and I cant get enough and sometimes I have to rush his butt into bed! Been a long project in the works, but well worth the time and money spent. Thanks to ecoustics for a wealth of knowledge and great product reviews.

Comments welcomed and appreciated!

Silver Member
Username: Westcott

League City, Texas

Post Number: 236
Congratulations! Really clean setup and I love your equipment selection. The AV credenza is also a nice piece and really aids the clean looking setup.

My only suggestion would be to get a stand that raises the center channel to a height more in line with the tweeters in the floorstanders for better on axis response and reduced sound reflections from the credenza.

Enjoy! It is very well executed.

Silver Member
Username: Gamerdude

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 496
Very Nice !

Bronze Member
Username: Dmitchell

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 58
Very nice setup Pete! Super clean - I like how you've hidden all the cables. That's something I have to work on my system... the back of my TV stand looks like a plate of black spaghetti.

How do you like the Denon? I've sorta had my eye on getting one...

Bronze Member
Username: Docutech

Post Number: 14
Yes, cables were a pain. They are still visible in some spots, however this is the best I can do for now. On the surrounds, I purchased a wire concealing kit. It attaches with double sided tape and the wires are hidden in it. Works well for now.

I upgraded my receiver from an older AVR 3000 and I really like it. Plenty of power for the Axioms, HDMI, DTS and lots of nicer features. Great receiver!

Bronze Member
Username: Huron

If there`s no highs or...

Post Number: 64
very nice, looks clean and powerfull, westcott is right, I think I would raise the center up right between the tweeters and mid range on your fronts, and drop the tv to nearly touch the center

Bronze Member
Username: Deadhorse

Post Number: 76
Pete-

just curious, how does the double sided tape conceal the wires?

System looks awesome by the way!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 15
It is a kit like this:
Upload

Bronze Member

Post Number: 16
Angelo:

I spent quite some time adjusting the height of my TV. I have it at a perfect height so that I can rest my head on the back of the couch without compromising the viewing angle. The TV is also tilted down about 5 degrees to minimize glare and shadows.
I will contact Axiom to see if they can make a custom stand to raise the speaker slightly but I have a feeling it may be quite expensive. I may just use my emagination and think of something else;)

Gold Member
Username: Joe_c

Atlanta, GA USA

Post Number: 1474
Very quality and clean, great speakers!

Silver Member
Username: Westcott

League City, Texas

Post Number: 241
Pete,

Do you or anyone reading this thread live near Houston? I have always wanted to hear the Axioms and have never had the opportunity.

I'll bring the beverages and the CD\DVDS!!!!!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 19
Unfortunately I am in Saint Louis, MO

Bronze Member
Username: Arni0202

Minneapolis, MN US

Post Number: 19
I was curious as to where you got your entertainment stand/credenza? I love the look of it! was it expensive?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 21
The stand is made by Bush Furniture. I bought it directly from the factory.

http://www.bush-furniture-online.com/bush_VS13988-03.html

Bronze Member
Username: Mrckone

Toledo, Ohio U.S.A.

Post Number: 17
Very nice setup there Pete. How are do you like the Harmony 1000? I have an 880 that is a pain sometimes to get to sit into the charging cradle. Just wondering if they had fixed that? Also, how sensitive is it to touch? I am really looking at getting one. I have not seen one set up in my area yet, nor do I know any one that has one. If you get time let me know. Thanks. And once again very nice setup.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 22
Thanks!

At this time the Harmony and I have a love/hate relationship. I having some difficulties with the remote remembering the TV's inputs. Therefore, it will sometimes skip the input that is needed for a particular activity. Logitech claims that it is a common problem with the Samsung line of LCD's and that they are working on the firmware. Other than that, I haven't had a problem with it other than that.e

I have no problems charging the remote. It fits very naturally on the charging stand. The batteries last for about two weeks of regular daily use. Feel free to ask any other questions that you may have.

Pete

Username: Jhmtber

Post Number: 3
Very nice system Pete. Very impressive. Enjoy.

Jim
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us