Weak Installs

Bronze Member
Username: Thed42

Post Number: 50
I have seen alot of horrible installs here. I wanted to outline a few things.

MOUNT your amp(s) - Laying them in the trunk is not an install. oh and mounting them on the back seat is busch league.

HIDE your wires - or don't bother to post.

CAPS are not cool to display - niether are yellow tops or fuse holders. You don't need a cap anyways.

Other Busch league stuff -
mismatching amps
mismatching subs
No sense of imaging
bare mdf on box

Any person that knows car audio will be able to look at your sub/amp brand and ne able to idetify it. There is no need to create your own JL symbol. It is how it sounds - not how it looks.

Anoyone else should post on what not to do. I'll be adding stuff when I think of it

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 5651
im sorry, im have to comment on this....

"It is how it sounds - not how it looks. "
i agree completly, but then earlier in the post you say this......

"MOUNT your amp(s) - Laying them in the trunk is not an install. oh and mounting them on the back seat is busch league."
i agree it looks bad but if it souds good then its hard to argue with it

"HIDE your wires - or don't bother to post."
yea i agree it looks messy but, if it suonds good then whatever

"Other Busch league stuff -
mismatching amps"
i assume you mean the sub amp and component amp being similiar. who cares if they dont look the same, sure it'll look nicer but if it souds good....can you guess the ending?

"mismatching subs"
no brainer

"No sense of imaging"
huh?

"bare mdf on box "
if it sounds nice, then who cares

im not trying to be a d1ck or anything, just wondering....also, can we see pics of your install on a different thread? i just wanna se it for the fun of it

Silver Member
Username: Theweasel

2 12 FI SSD, Colorado U.S. of A

Post Number: 915
thank you yanks.

Gold Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 8882
What is "Busch league"?

Not cool to display caps? That's why ppl buy them, even if they know what they contribute.

I concur with Yanks here. "No bare MDF" and "It is how it sounds - not how it looks." are conflicting statements.

Personally I wanna see pics of ANY install. I like the variety. If every install was perfect then what would the value of it be? Unless it's in a magazine, why all the rules?

Just my $.02

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 2699
would it be ok to drive my van with blue pants and a red shirt? or would that clash with the amps?

And I think I got all the stuff on your list covered.

MOUNT your amp(s) - Laying them in the trunk is not an install. oh and mounting them on the back seat is busch league.
What about on a side board?

HIDE your wires - or don't bother to post.
How else would I get them to the Caps?

CAPS are not cool to display - niether are yellow tops or fuse holders. You don't need a cap anyways.
My Cap Glows Cool blue, and display voltage. The other one just looks cool cut in.

Other Busch league stuff -
mismatching amps Yea, I got that
mismatching subs Just 1 sub,
No sense of imaging, What?
bare mdf on box Well, its Painted MDF...

How about I just Listen to an Ipod while driving around. Will that pacify you? I will have wireless headphones, so there wont be any wires.

Are you for real?
Most ppl here are here for fun, and just learning installs. No need to bash anyone. If something bothers you, dont comment.

Gold Member
Username: Dustin3

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 4820
your wayy to critical. people dont come on the forum to show that they are an expert installer... they show their system because they are proud of what they have, and want to show people. If its messy, who the f@ck cares? if they like it, thats all that matters period.. yes, they will get some comments though

Bronze Member

Post Number: 54
Bassman,
I see what your saying. What I am trying to point out is a a little more efforrt goes along way. All the things that I mentioned I know people here are capable. To the the rest of yalls what I mean by imaging is stereo imaging.
The ability to listen to the music and place the instruments in the 3-d environment. 2 speakers in the front of a room has good imaging. Does anyone think caps are cool to display? Why?

Gold Member
Username: Crayola0

Future 15 Wanger!!, Wisconsin

Post Number: 2018
i think u should just stfu!!!!!!!!!!! if someone wants to post pics of their setup they can. y shoudl they listen to some f@g saying they cant if its not perfectly installed...F*CK YOU!!!!!!!

Gold Member

Post Number: 2019
y would u even post a thread that u say the exact oppostite things...u should just save urself the trouble and just leave.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 55
opposites..what are you talking about? I gave guidelines to a good install. hey G@yJay3pms, Let me guess...you don't even have a setup or your mom won't let you. Hahaha, you can't even afford the CAR in CAR-AUDIO. Wait, you can't even afford the AUDIO part either. You don't even belong on this forum. Talk to me when when you get some hair on your chest, finish puberty OR have SOME exp. in this subject.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 57
1. Busch league
see also Bush league. Adj. 1) Below good standards, not good or incorrect. Pitiful, poor, terrible, awful, bad, sucky,

"That jayman's car stereo is real bushleague."

Gold Member
Username: Skibum12189

Cleveland

Post Number: 1163
mark....

1)please post pics of your perfect installs
2)most of the people in this thread who have posted know a lot abuot car audio and are very helpful good guys
3)why make fun of anyone
4)i'll be honest, i can't afford my own car, my parents bought me one and pay for my insurance, i can however pay for my system, and convincing them to let me get a system was pretty difficult
5)if it sounds good and you like it, who really gives a damn
6)leave please

Bronze Member
Username: Djb0501

Post Number: 20
Let's see some pics of your install, Mark D. Then we'll know what we have to measure up against...

Gold Member

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 2701
My new set up. Gonna run 12awg power/ground under the carpet, Matching subs, amp and a nice box. No Caps. And I will mount the amp on top of the box for a custom look.

What you think Mark D?

Upload

Or should I get all Sony Explodes Like your set up?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 58
I think thats weak, but then again you did post in the right place.

Silver Member
Username: Astrosafari

Delhi, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 699
so if you buy a car for 500 bucks and get a great deal on a sweet system, and plan to just tear it all out as ssoon as you get enough money for a good car, then hiding all you wires and making it look completely professional matters? lmao haha haha. yea its a mess but it pounds incredibly, so show the people haha. got pics of your system Mr.50postsSoFarAndMakingRules?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 59
If you buy a car for 500 bucks and want to put a temporary system in your car, thats weak. I'll post some photos, but not in this section. Oh and 50 posts has nothing to do experience.FYI LMFAS, ROLF, fool. of and don't repond until you have hair on your chest, I only talk to men about car audio.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2022
when i say opposites im sayin that u said all this stuff about it looking good or its not an install then u say its not how it looks its how it sounds...completely opposite....and i do have a car and i have money to buy a system im just saving up more for when i get my new car b!tch @ss f@g...and u should just stfu until u post pics to back ur sh!t up...cause ill i see is all talk....and p.s. F*CK YOU!!!!!!

Gold Member
Username: Jblanford

Post Number: 2085
What a

F
A
G
G
O
T

Gold Member

Post Number: 2031
^^^^ X 897541231231574984312.165484

Gold Member

Post Number: 8960

Gold Member
Username: Drivingreckless

DD 9515f, 148.2 db Mov...

Post Number: 3973
i cant bleive how nub you guys are no one knows what a sense of imaging is ?!?!?!?

im very dissapointed...

imaging is how your speakers sound....the best imaging = sounds like your in the studio while they are recording it...you want noise to travel to your ears at once... you dont want to hear your left speaker first b/4 your right speaker.. its hard to explain....
its pretty much SQ

mark D might Be a d!ck but most of the things he says are true...(in his first post in this thread)

Gold Member

Post Number: 9371
Maybe but encouragement goes alot further than sarcasm. When my son learned how to read I wouldn't laugh at his failures or just slam him with corrections. If he doesn't like doing it he won't learn or wish to continue. It's not rocket science and doesn't have to be governed by as strict rules. Car audio is all about having fun and personal enjoyment. If I have to follow all those rules then I'd take my ball and play elsewhere.

Silver Member
Username: Tejcurrent

Post Number: 236
I went to private school- they made me read the bible in 1st grade. And they got upset when you didn't know the words. :D

People should learn to mount their amps and subs for the safety of themselves and passengers.

Just because it doesn't look show-quality doesn't mean it isn't a good install though. Clean appearance should be encouraged, but if it's a nice sounding install it can make up for it. There are instances where I say they should've just taken it to a shop, especially when the post following 'my new setup' is 'X piece of equipment stopped working'.

Oh well, I think people should post what they have and take comments with a grain of salt.

Gold Member

Post Number: 9378
Agreed. It's just when a fairly new member who needs to establish himself in the forum shouldn't be the one outlining install etiquette. He may know more than most, great! Now prove it and contribute to the forum so others can learn. Throw a brick and get one thrown right back!

Silver Member
Username: Lowdose

St. Louis, Mo. USA

Post Number: 257
Speaking of safety. I was in my buddies camaro back in the day and his box wasn't mounted down a 18 wheeler cut us off and we hit the center median to avoid the truck we ended up airborne hit a stop light and his box flew forward and hitting our other friend in the back of his nugget. He ended up with a head contusion. So mount those boxes if ya don't want dain bramage. Ha!

Silver Member

Post Number: 108
Shutup wussbag paul. When my son couldn't ready I beat him until he could "sound out it out"

Gold Member

Post Number: 9454
You sound like a well disciplined father, one who was beat as a child as well. If you really do need to strike your children to teach them anything, not only are you a bad father but you need help and your son probably needs counseling by now. Way to go pops.

Gold Member

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 2746
Mark D.
You must be a real good installer to do yours in a weak.

Mine took alot longer.. Maybe 4-5 weaks.
(I also worked weakends on it too)

Bronze Member
Username: Jones82joshua

Yankton, SD USA

Post Number: 16
I could understand putting specific guidelines if all these installs were getting judged, but as it is, there's nobody on here with the right to demand you install your stuff a specific way. I DO agree that Mark's first post could be used for tips or help to make your install look better, but to try and push it on people is out of line.

Silver Member
Username: Cblaze

Tn Us

Post Number: 218
who cares how the sheet looks,unless your in a car competition showing it off,the whole point of car audio is AUDIO

Silver Member
Username: Turnmat

Racine, Wi

Post Number: 435
waiting for pics of your install Mark...

Silver Member
Username: Demon_pride

Crowder, Oklahoma USA

Post Number: 223
Waiting on you to spell 'weak' correctly.... WEEK. Idiot. Who are you to criticize all these people who have less than your *perfect* system? F off kid. If you have a problem with an install, don't look at it.

Silver Member
Username: Cblaze

Tn Us

Post Number: 283
mark read the line u posted up there

"It is how it sounds - not how it looks"

tell youself that

Silver Member
Username: Jtown

ATX, Texas

Post Number: 584
still waiting on pics....

Silver Member
Username: B3n07

Louisville, Ky USA

Post Number: 483
lol this has been a funny post bu i want to take evryone back to the post about the 500 dollar car i want to know whats wrong with buying a 500 dollar car thats how much mine costed so hmm mark d am i lame and sorry buddy i will have pics this weekend when i get my new amp and the new amp shelf installed wheres yours lol circuit city wont let you back into to take pics of other peoples stuff and installs

Silver Member

Racine, Wi

Post Number: 482
lol

he hasnt logged in since oct 29

Gold Member
Username: •cam•

Post Number: 1173
My car cost $50, lol. Surprised this is still going.

Silver Member

ATX, Texas

Post Number: 888
hunter's car cost $200 and it's one of the baddest cars I've seen...dumb@ss

Gold Member

Post Number: 1186
I'm a dumb@ss? For what?

Bronze Member
Username: Sqcheap

Grand rapids, Michigan Usa

Post Number: 92
I agree some don't do the basics, like mounting all the amps/boxes/wiring. On the other hand nearly every time I have used matching brand amps my system did not sound as good as another combo. I don't really care so long as it works. I also don't care about my trunk as long as stuff is mounted. I built a huge IB baffle for 4 12s and painted it black...they asked if I was going to carpet it. I have the carpet here, but now am going to change it anyway but its a trunk. The back of the seat was not carpet to start with just black plastic panel. I like to not see anything in my installs, if I had the time I would make a panel to cover everything with fan cooling in the trunk, but that is just how I like to do it. I don't show hardly anyone what is in there. Stupid me I just bought more amps so I can do all the same brand, but we will see if it stays that way. I typically use a better quality amp on highs and don't worry so much about quality for the subs...but now have a newer class D to try that is fairly good brand. I also swap amps a lot as they change the sound of the system, kind of hard to stay in one brand. If sound is most important, you may have other brands if all your stuff is not top notch expensive. Not going to spend on a McIntosh for my car I don't need it. I usually mount to the seat because I have to use my trunk and that takes the least room, along with my IB subs. No box, I lose about 4" at bottom of seat and 8" at top in the trunk, total for 4 12" DVCs and at present a big 5ch amp. Yes it is cool to do it all up nice, but I don't bother for a daily driver and got rid of all my play cars for a while.

Bronze Member
Username: Marcooo

Post Number: 79
What's wrong with mounting your amp to the back of the seat? I had my amp mounted on my box, but decided to move my box as far back in the trunk as I could to get a little more bass and had to mount the amp to the seat because my power wire wasn't long enough.

So how is that in any way "busch"?

Gold Member

Team Revolution, Texas

Post Number: 1053
cam, I wasn't talking to you, lol

Silver Member
Username: Santa_fe

02 Hyundia Santa Fe, 120.3 db not...

Post Number: 407
yo mark D where be thoes pics????

Gold Member

BC Canada

Post Number: 1291
Ah, alright. Sorry, man.

Silver Member
Username: B3n07

Louisville, Ky USA

Post Number: 630
ok mat who r you talking to i have been logged in but everytime i come her the bragging rights section doesnt show and thieves who r you calling a dumb a55

Silver Member

Racine, Wi

Post Number: 496
i was talking about Mark D

Bronze Member
Username: Rawpower

EATONTON, GA USA

Post Number: 32
DON'T EVER BUY ANY Sony xplod anything .spend some $$$ get a real system

Silver Member