**|V|att |F's install**

Silver Member
Username: Matt12490

Benicia, California USA

Post Number: 516
Upload
This would be my car. Its a 1989 Civic only cost me $1000 :-)
Upload
After I took off the door panel...
Upload
Very old speakers that were in this thing probably since day 1. I barely pressed on the cone and it ripped. lol.
Upload
This is the rear deck after I took off the felt, and put a lot of holes into it.Upload
Finished rear deck covered with some black porous material I found at the local fabric store.
Upload
This is the door panel after I cut the hole for the tweeter.
Upload
Up close with the finished tweeter, nice and flush mounted and it wasn't even a flat surface, but it turned out nice.
Upload
The 5 1/4 mid.
Upload
Finished door. Components are the 5 1/4" Polk MOMO's. The Crossovers are mounted under the driver and passengers seats.
Upload
The distrobution block is mounted under the rear deck with 2 gauge wire from battery to the block, and then 4 gauge to the amps.
Upload
My 2 Directed Audio amps. One is the 1500d for the sub and the other is the 500/2 for the components.
Upload
My 12" Arsenal.
Upload
The box uncovered. This thing took a while, but eventually I got it :-)
Upload
Finished box covered with black vinyl, it has a texture to it.
Upload
Finished box with the sub in it. Its 1.5^3 ft. Exterior dimensions: 25" wide, 14" high, top depth-6, bottom depth-13
Upload
Ah...at last, the finished trunk. I made the amp rack, the 1500d is on top and the 500/2 is underneither it. It's made of MDF and covered with black vinyl. Also the trunk floor I redid. Before it had some warped piece or wood covering the spare tire, and some carpet that smelled of mold. So what I did was got some new wood and cut it to the right size, then also covered that with the same black vinyl that is covering the amp rack (non-textured)

I am VERY proud of this install. It was my first, and not bad for a 16 year old huh? I did EVERYTHING by myself and this took about 6 weeks of total time, but well worth it. I should be getting my license in the summer. What do you think??

Silver Member
Username: Langless28

Boston, MA

Post Number: 470
real nice install, i like that amp rack. i love when things are nice and orderly. specially amps stacked that are of same company, tell us how the sub hits. those polk comps shouldnt upset you either. real nice.

Silver Member

Benicia, California USA

Post Number: 518
thanks
its pretty good (the sound of it all) i was aiming towards SQ and got what i wanted

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 7015
i could see how it took u 6wks - ppl look @ installs like it takes only a day but it takes ALOT of time 2 get it done properly/neat

very well done for a 16yr old - better than what some ppl 10yrs older or more than u do .....

thumbs up .gif

Silver Member

Benicia, California USA

Post Number: 521
Thanks rovin your install is great too!

Aww the picture of the finished rear deck got messed up... But I forgot to say that I left the rears out. Also, the headunit is a basic Pioneer, a lower model that came with the car. I plan to upgrade later to a Pioneer Premiere. Before that, I'm getting a 160 amp alt. and dynamat it.

Silver Member
Username: John_wash

Nashville, Tennessee

Post Number: 188
very nice install

Gold Member
Username: Sploosh56

Ohio

Post Number: 1237
very nice. i like that look a lot

Bronze Member
Username: Buckshot2

Lynn Haven/Panama City..., FL

Post Number: 14
your rack looks nice :-)

Silver Member
Username: Killerzracing71

Fredericksburg, Virginia United states

Post Number: 558
james "your rack looks nice "

Upload..............syke just wanted 2 use my gif...lol

Silver Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 581
very clean, and that's my favorite honda civic model 1988-1990 i think, good job

Silver Member
Username: Extremesound1

Coventry, RI United states

Post Number: 175
nice

Bronze Member
Username: Gravytrain

Canton, Michigan USA

Post Number: 21
what made you go with the directed 1500d?

i really got to test the circuit city warranty program...i went through 2 sets of audiobahn AW121T's, 2 sets of polk momo's, a set of alpine E-type's, and a set of mtx 6000's with that amp!!!

i got 8 subs out of that warranty before they said i was abusing it LMAO...but now the amp is pushing 2 cerwin vega stroker 12's and i managed to hit 151.3 db's in my 2004 honda civic ex with it.

its a fantastic amp for the price...

oh yeah great install!!!

Silver Member

Benicia, California USA

Post Number: 792
I chose the directed 1500 because i know they have GREAT products. they also make orion, PPI, and viper so i knew they were a good company. but what really made me get it, was because i found it for $150 refurbished with minor scratches and it works perfectly. and i thought it would look better with matching amps. the 500/2 cost me $60 refurbished, also works great. Upload

Silver Member
Username: Budling

Cali USofA

Post Number: 117
"Refubished" for only $150!wow Where did u find a deal like that? How u like that arsenal? Im lookin to try somethin new, dont know if im goin with AA, DD, RE, or Treo.

Gold Member

Benicia, California USA

Post Number: 1081
I got it off ikesound when they had them on there. I like the arsenal but at the moment if you read another one of my posts the other day i'm having problems (not with the arsenal) and its not drivin to full potential.

Anyways, I'm going to start my new trunk project probably this weekend, but won't be done for a while. Going ported and doing other custom work.

Gold Member

Benicia, California USA

Post Number: 1174
UPDATE! (8/11)

https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/car-audio/257285.html

Gold Member

California USA

Post Number: 1677
BUMP just because i'm so far down

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 3201
that new install with the Q is clean. only thing i couldnt do that with my amps because i need some trunk space

Gold Member
Username: Blainew

Post Number: 2169
hey man how do you like those speakers??

i got the same ones, but the 6.5s

Gold Member

California USA

Post Number: 1688
They are alright, but I haven't heard anything much better so I can't give a good opinion ya know? But if you have them, how do YOU like them?

Mat- I have the same trunk space as before, the false floor wasnt raised up like others, but I raised the AMPS to floor level instead. I needed my trunk space too.

Gold Member
Username: Blainew

Post Number: 2172
i love em

Silver Member
Username: Cblaze

Rock island, Tenesssee Us

Post Number: 733
nice install
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video