Apartment HT

Username: Sahlomonic

Post Number: 1
New to the forums here!

I like the setup of the guy who has the JBL E series and the Hitachi DLP, so I decided to post up my setup.

TV is a 42" 720p Magnavox plasma that we just got a month ago for *gasp* $600 on a blowout for the new models (originally was $1300). Heck of a deal, huh? Well it doesn't stop there, because as of two weeks ago, I bought a Denon 4306 on a $400 blowout (the new 4308 sells for $2300). I can't tell you how many people "hate" me for this lol. Speakers are a mutt setup for now. I am using JBL Northridge N-Center and N24's for fronts until I can find either the matching N38's or ND10's. Surround and Rear Surround speakers are old Sony's I had from my first HTIB 6 years ago. They sound terrible, but the Denon makes them sound great. Sub is from my Sony HTIB also, an active 8" with no internal x-over control, just volume. For an apartment, great setup. Yesterday I demo'd an Integra/Klipsh THX Ultra2 setup and was floored. So now I'm anxious to upgrade my speakers a little bit. The last pic is the collection of nearly 600 DVD's . . . :-)

Upload
Upload
Upload

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 10010
Very nice movie collection.

I'm jealous.

Gold Member
Username: John_s

Columbus, Ohio US

Post Number: 1800
­
Very nice indeed.
What I want to know is where is Cale finding these "blowouts"?
A Denon 4306 for $400??

Username: Sahlomonic

Post Number: 2
Well I was lucky enough to come across floor models that were being clearenced out at Target (for the TV), and Nebraska Furniture Mart (for the Denon). JBL speakers were clearanced floor models from Best Buy. I'm at those stores at least once a week so I usually know when new models come in and when the old ones get clearanced.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us