Bronze Member
Username: Deadhorse

Post Number: 44
Awesome!

Gold Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 4297
Put your system in your profile so we know what we are looking at.

Gold Member
Username: Joe_c

Atlanta, GA USA

Post Number: 1394
Very nice Angelo, I'd love to kick your butt at Halo on that big screen

Silver Member
Username: Gamerdude

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 435
Some nice gear man

Username: Huron

Post Number: 2
Now I need a receiver, I have narrowed it down to, cambridge 540r v2, or harmon kardon, or pioneer elite, or integra 6.6, or marantz, I just dont know which one would be best for my room, or the one that would be more detailed, natural, and not so bright.

Post Number: 4
Joseph, you would kick my butt at Halo, but if you want a challenge you will find me in the first Ghost recon, or Battlefield 2, usually late at night, my tag is, HURON ANGEL.

Gold Member
Username: Arande2

Extreme SQ FTW

Post Number: 1917
Pioneer Elite FTW!

Houston, we have a problem! MORE SUBWOOFER NOW! NOOOOW!

Post Number: 8
14 year old andre, if its one thing I dont have a problem with, it would be subwoofer, houston its only a kid crying wolf!!!

Gold Member
Username: John_s

Columbus, Ohio US

Post Number: 1449
­
So you're happy with the new HK 645?

Gold Member

Extreme SQ FTW

Post Number: 2028
Ah don't worry you don't NEED a better subwoofer, but everytime I hear a great subwoofer I can't wait until I can afford it. I do realize my age. I can't do anything about it, I'll just have to wait it out.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
John my new 645 is awsome right out of the box I new it was going to work for my system, even thou my sub was taring down my house and ever speaker was off, the EZSET, would not work, it kept giving me error on fronts, so I got an idea to turn the volume up past the reqiured, and it worked, then I went in and check everything, I still had to spend hours adjusting but the EZSET did help me get use to the controls, I adjusted everything listening to steely dan and b tribe, the music just came alive, at one point I opened my eyes and laughed when i was listening to b tribe the flamenco guitarist taps on his guitar it sounded like it was in the room, that reminds me I must listen to my uncles cd, he is a flemenco guitar master, that and a movie, the matrix reloaded.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
wow my spelling sucks, I hope you can read that last one

Silver Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 467
H/K do sound good

Gold Member

Columbus, Ohio US

Post Number: 1451
­
Angelo, your post has reminded me of some things.

First, B Tribe. A while back, every time I went over to some friend's house, they seemed to be playing B Tribe 24/7. I thought it was interesting, was going to get the CD, but kind of burned out on them thanks to my friends. Is there more than one CD?

Second, I remembered that I couldn't get EZSET to work on my HK 7300. (BTW, HKs are heavy suckers aren't they?) I went on to set up surround to my satisfaction manually using SPL meter and setup disc. I have never bothered to find out what I was doing wrong with EZSET.

Anyway, nice HT you got there.

Is your uncle's CD available?
­

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
John, B tribe has a web site I think there up to 7 cds, I have 5 of them, ----cencual cencual----, is my favorite B tribe 5, spiritual spiritual, there good to, I think ENIGMA, is the one that started this type of music, I think they got a peace of the idea from such strange groups like kraft work, try willie and lobo, and NIYAZ, then kick back and prepare for sounds wizzing around your room, I will talk about my uncle, but first I want to get some pics up. I am wondering if you turned your volume up if your EZSET will work to. can you beleive this were I put the lines, this web site has told me the words are not allowed, so I will put c in stead of s.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 14
Andre money, my sub says hi, and dont be in a rush to grow up, and dont do drugs its not cool.Upload

Bronze Member

Post Number: 15
Upload
Upload...I did a lot of modifications before the HK arrived a new 3/4 inch bottom plate, big slot cut in back so wires can drop and feed, air holes under the unit and on the tight side for cooling, you can see some of the braces on the left, I still need to brace that right front thats cracked.
Upload...I put in a top plate, angled 1 inch to push the heat out the front, I have 5 inch clearance in back, 3 on tight side,and 4 1/2 to 5 1/2 on top, I cut the door and added mesh for more air flow.

Gold Member

Extreme SQ FTW

Post Number: 2050
Low excursion FTW

I like the H/K, and you did a good job, but to match a receiver like that, I'd probably want to upgrade the sub or at least stick another in there somewhere. I'd be surprised if that sub you have now could hit 20hz at 115dB.

If that sub is for the center channel, then it should be fine though.

Oh, and hi sub. What sub is it anyway? I don't know, I'm sorry.

Gold Member

Columbus, Ohio US

Post Number: 1454
­
Angelo, does the 645 have an cooling fan? My 7300 does and it is noisy. My receiver still runs pretty warm and it's completely in the open.

BTW, try Logic 7 for CD playback. Better than DD PL II or Neo:6 imo.
B-Tribe will be awesome!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 17
Jhon, yes I looked threw the slots when I got the unit it looks like the fan is in front and blows down the center of heat sinks on both sides like a tunnel, but mine I think finally came on the other night when I was cranking some steely dan, I never heard it but when I reach back to cop a feel it felt hot, then it slapped me in the face and said not now, and I have no idea where im going with this, anyways ive been going back and forth from logic 7 and PL 11, and I think dolby 2 speaker is a nice ad on since the warfedale diamond 9.2 have the most incredible sound stage, I have to get up to hear if theres sound coming out the center and rears.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 18
John, my uncles cd, you can order it at circuit city, Father of the flamenco guitar, by michael hauser, listening to his cd the other night sealed the deal with my system, this one song had a tabla type drum that was popping away in my right warfedale DFS rear speaker, Diffuse surround speaker, I am so impressed with these speakers, the direct and ambiance, works so well, and the quality build, design, and sound, is over my expectations, I think its a must to install them in a simular way I have them in order to work properly, anyway the drum was so natural and the castanetts were in my room, I could hear my uncles fingers going up and down the strings and tapping and palming his guitar, the vocal, little bell charms, Im sold and I want to recommend Wild West Electronics, Doug was very helpful and knowledgeable, and all my orders were sent right away, I will buy a center channel from him in the future, I want to recommend one call they were good to work with in getting my HK

Gold Member

Columbus, Ohio US

Post Number: 1455
­
"when I reach back to cop a feel it felt hot, then it slapped me in the face and said not now"

Upload

Let me get this straight---a German descendant in Minneapolis playing Flamenco guitar with a tabla player named Marcus Wise. We live in a small world. I sampled Mr. Hauser's album and it was impressive. I see what you mean about the tabla. "Twilight in Morocco" sounds very cool and surely reflects the Moorish influence on the Iberian peninsula.

Many years ago my father used a pair of Wharfedale speakers. I do not believe there's a dealer for them in my area.
­

Username: Onetonhevychevy

Post Number: 4
The carpet Rocks!
Regards,
oneton

Bronze Member

Post Number: 19
I work comercial construction, Im talking concrete, grease from a back hoe,form release, apoxys, tools, mud, greasy steel, you name it and that old carpet just drinks it up, I will replace, a nice grey, but give that one second to stain. hay John it`s a tease no dout about it, love the pic. my aunt is a flamenco dancer shes the director of Zorongo flamenco dance theatre and school.

Silver Member
Username: Big_edge_head

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 454
cool

Gold Member

Columbus, Ohio US

Post Number: 1765
­
Sooo Angelo....you got a new center speaker? Is it a Wharfedale? Looks pretty serious.

Silver Member

Post Number: 173
Why yes John, and yes she is a wharfedale, so she do`s speak propper, I will go and see if she want`s to say Hi

Silver Member

Post Number: 174
Hi boy`s my name is oprus, and Im feeling extremely HHot and sexyy, that is why I took off my grill

Upload
Upload

Silver Member

Post Number: 175
Oprus you SLUTTT!!! its bad enough I had to carve out a bigger place for you and thin out my game drawer

Gold Member

Columbus, Ohio US

Post Number: 1770
­
Angelo, that's the price you pay for taking that trophy wif..er, speaker.
Has she started to nag you yet?

Gold Member

Columbus, Ohio US

Post Number: 1771
­
By the way, that sure looks like a BAD.
(Big Azz Dome)

Silver Member

Post Number: 176
the nagging was horrible, she, at the begining was way loud and bright, she wouldn`t stop talking over the other speakers, I thaught I made a big mistake, I knew I had to give her time to break in but I was worried about matching up with the diamond 9.2`s, trying to match diffent families can be truble, and shes breed a lot tighter, most of the problem was as you say (BIG Azz Dome) DON`T Be Coming On Too My BITCHH John, I know she ranks about a 9.5 on the spankability scale, but come on, any way with a dome that big she took about 6 weeks to break in, now when I put my ear next to her she just jently nibbles on my lobe, OK I think I went to far on that one, but WHAT EVER, I got her because the 9CM is rear ported, and I found Oprus for a very good price brand new, not used and abused, and now I can save and one day match her to other opus speakers, and my DFS rears which are so impresive, but you have to have them mounted similar to how I have them, will match ether way

Silver Member

Post Number: 179
look at how Oprus dwarfs my H/K

Silver Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 522
My H/K AVR 245 has two they have NEVER come on and at any given time its about 50c.

I like that center channle what is it?

Silver Member

Post Number: 182
Hi Kyle she`s an wharfedale opus tri center
2: 6.2 inch bass carbon fiber cone`s
1: 3 inch textile dome mid
1: 1 inch textile tweeter
sealed infinite baffle design
real wood veneers, piano black high gloss lacquered

Silver Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 527
That dome is very simular you a Vifa 3" dome mid

Looks great I think I want one :-( haha

Bronze Member
Username: Develara

Post Number: 34
good centre , and cool HK i love your setup. great work

dev.

Gold Member

Columbus, Ohio US

Post Number: 1824
­
Hey Angelo, can you help this guy with his xbox? Thanks.

https://www.ecoustics.com/cgi-bin/bbs/show.pl?tpc=2&post=1265248#POST1265248
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us