My DIY home theater

Username: Mfishmike

Post Number: 1
It took several years to build, rebuild, tweak, and finish this system. I'm currently rebuilding/upgrading the sub for the 4th time. It is a 7.1 with 3 amps total. I tried to load pics but they didn't show up.
See it here: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/mfishmike/

Post Number: 3
I wanted good audio to match the large screen TV and couldn't find anything decent in the retail audio stores. Most of the speakers were 1/2" thick junk boxes with junk drivers and I wasn't going to pay 20k for a pair of speakers from the high end audio stores, so I chose the option to design and built my own. It took a lot of research, trial & error, and rebuilding each of them till I got them right. I'm in the process of rebuilding my subwoofer for the 4th time.

Here are some of the photos. The rest can be seen at my Yahoo Groups website.

Upload
Upload
Upload

Please visit:
http://www.GalvestonBayHomes.com

Bronze Member
Username: Tustsegua

Petaling jaya, Selangor Malaysia

Post Number: 11
it looks cool...i wish i was actually allowed to get all those stuffs..my dad hate's noise..for some reasons..

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 6332
How much did it cost you to rebuild your subwoofer 4 times?

Post Number: 1
Each design was different and more expensive. My last design in the above photo with the two 15" Sound Splinter RLS drivers and 4 passive radiators was the most expensive. I blew those 4 passive radiators shown in the above photo in the shop during testing because I had the mass loading too heavy and hit a 10 hz test button accidently. It sounded like a crankshaft coming out of an engine, pistons and all, when I make the fatal mistake. I had to buy 4 more passive radiators, and I also added a second 1400 watt amplifier. Each woofer is driven by it's own amp, giving me a 2800 watt subwoofer. Estimated rebuild cost using the existing cabinet is about $1,760.00, counting the cost of the two amps. It weighs in at 235 lbs and is extremely musical and low. I've got a little more work to do on it when I get some time, and then it will weigh in at 250 lbs when completed. Upload

Bronze Member
Username: Willieman

PR USA

Post Number: 38
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts