My 'Ultimate Custom Built Media Room'..I dont like to brag but.....

Bronze Member
Username: Mystro

Post Number: 11
First let me say, I built my new house around this media room 7 years ago. I have a degree in Audio engineering and Studio design so I used some of the concepts in my new home. I waited an extra year to build my house so I would have the funds to do it right. I am a very hands-on kind of guy, so any thing less than perfect in the wiring and construction stage would not do.
The rooms 18'x24' walls are isolated on rubber and I have accoustic ramping in the ceiling. I designed the front stage as if it melted out of the ceiling hit the floor and rolls out and up over the sub enclosures. Lights and blinds are all automated. Furniture is oversized leather that seats (6-8). Power is isolated and clean. I have 2..yes I said 2 Velodyne F-18 front sub enclosures that are in perfect phase. The B&W 640 speakers are isolated on their own pedestal filled with 600lbs of sand each. Center channel is a B&W 800 series and is also isolated above the screen. Rear speakers are in-wall B&W CDS6's. All amps and components are hidden in their owns space with aux cooling fans. IR repeaters are used to control them. MIT cables and 800ft of heavy Monster cable were used in just this one room. Amps were all THX Harmon Kardon but I am updating them now with H/K 7300,H/K DVD, etc.. Screen shown in pic is a 60" projection but I am also upgrading that this year with a Samsung HLP5674 DPL.
Alot of technology has changed in 7 years, so its time to upgrade again.
The only good thing is, great hi-end speakers are always up-to-date and when they are in a room that is set-up acoustically to let them shine, they are inspiring. I am pleased on how my media room came out accoustically and aesthetically.
I tell people its what you dont see in this room that makes it amazing. All the work,wires and hidden features are what makes this room sound like no other.
I also have my entire house wired for sound with 6 independent zones with B&W in-wall speakers (12) powerd by 2000 watts of H&K power.
Thanks for letting me brag a little. Not every one appreciates the passion and sacrifice we all go through for the ultimate audio experience.

.Upload

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 2513
Very niiice!

Bronze Member
Username: Rickypearson

Post Number: 67
Really Well done, I would Like to see some more Pics of the Rest of the Room and Even your Equiptment, Thats for Sharing this with us!!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 14
I am switching/updating audio gear around this week. I am almost done. What a job it is!
Next is a new Samsung HLP5674. Even 7 years ago I could see the format was going 16:9 so I made removable panels on my current 60" to change it to 16:9 (see pic). Monitor sceen will go from black glass to black glass. Monitor gets done in a month or 2. I will need a rest anyway. I plan on taking wide angle pics of the room then. I also have some trick lighting I am drawing up now.

Bronze Member
Username: Mattellermets

Danville, IL US

Post Number: 61
wow. i feel... so... childish right now

Bronze Member
Username: Steelydan

Post Number: 31
Hey Mystro... You've got too much money. Why dont you send a little of it my way.

Username: Southpaw

VIRGINIA

Post Number: 2
Mystro, what's with the candles? Your married aren't you. Bag the art for signed football helmets and team banners:-) Awesome set up!!!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 31
Barry, I have some cool stuff around the room like Harley and Sportscar models matching the big ones in the Garage. I also am a Bowhunter so I have 3 beautiful whitetail shoulder mounts and a few well stocked Humidors around the room.
I guess you could say its a Media/Trophy room.
My wife has the rest of the house. I have this room and the Garage.

Bronze Member
Username: Dan_the_man

London, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 33
Very nice man, i think you have independantly raised the bar for everyone. Now that is a man with a vision!

Username: Builder1

Post Number: 9
holy mackerol

very nice

Username: Javmo200

GB, Michigan

Post Number: 7
Mystro

Great job--I can not way until our media room is finish..is taking too long

Username: Intowin

Post Number: 3
I see the two circles under the tv which I assume are the front woofers. How do you get to them to service if needed?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 41
I have a access doors from another room to get in behind the screen. The center is semi-hollow. I have sand filled chambers under the main R/L tower speakers(about 600lbs a side.) This also isolates the subs from the R/L tower speakers.I have aux-cooling fans in the access-room and it makes dressing out all the cables much easier. The IR repeater is in there as well.

Bronze Member

Michigan

Post Number: 18
Mystro

Dop you have any pictures of the back door of your set up?--

Bronze Member

Post Number: 43
Not yet but I will when I get new DLP.

cpburke
Unregistered guest
very nice system, you seem to know what your talking about so i thought i would ask for some speaker advice. i am building a home cinema but i dont know what the best speakers are to use. these are my options. first is 4 beo lab 5, b&o. or b&w cwm800 (3) b&w asw750 or another option is lynn using the akurate 242 the 225 the212 and the 221. im very confused by it all, can you shed some light on the situation

Bronze Member
Username: Kidstereo

Post Number: 12
Hey, Mystro, how good do those speakers of yours sound?

Bronze Member
Username: Saaketham

Post Number: 25
Mystro,

This is the best HT I've seen on this and any other site yet. I love the simplicity and especially the fact that its just simple in sight, but very powerful, with lots of audio power. And, I just love the lighting. Mind posting a larger pic (preferably 1400x1050) of this setup? That'd be my inspirational wallpaper.

Anil

Silver Member
Username: John_s

Columbus, Ohio US

Post Number: 449
Saaaaweeeeet!
and I thought John's "BAT CAVE" was awsome....
Mrs. John S

Bronze Member

Post Number: 46
Well...Its almost done. After waiting for the ultimate hi-def screens to appear, My screen upgrade to 1080P in 61" is 98% finished. All I can say is,...WOW! I built this room years ago waiting for the ultra-HiDef screen quality to catch up to the audio quality. The screen quality matches the audio quality for a unprecedented sound and sight presentation. We are just finishing up the cosmetic details. Pics are soon to come.

Nano man
Unregistered guest
Mysto, 2 things: 1.,Your high def 1080P is already outdated. You should hold out till spring. There's a new media on the horizon. 2.,Why would you wast all that sound on that dinky screen?

Nano Man
Unregistered guest
Myster,
One more thing, do you find it odd that Javier Morales is asking for pictures of your back door? I think there's a hidden message there.

Bronze Member
Username: Tmoore

Post Number: 14
Hey nice set up ,do you get any rattles from the candles or statues when you turn it up?

Bronze Member

Michigan

Post Number: 57
Nano Man

Funny--- Good one

Bronze Member

Post Number: 47
As for screen size?? well....70" might be abit ostentatious. No really, 61" of ultra-hi-def fits the room perfectly. I had to guess when I designed the room on the perfect 16x9 screen size. My target size was 60" and that was way before hi-def resolution. If you look at the 2 white panels on either side of my old 4x3 screen. They were ment to come out for the future 16x9 screen. This would give a look of one large piece of black glass 9 feet long by 3 feet high. When the screen is turned on, it magically apears out of the center and disapears when off. Turns out the new Samsung 61" 1080p is a exact fit with perfect picture framing and because the TI's Gen-6 chip gives the blackest of black color, it is invisable where the screen stops against the smoked glass. Hows that for making a format and size prediction 9 years ago?
The candles/statues upfront have a super soft rubber pads under then to isolate.

Username: Tustsegua

Petaling jaya, Selangor Malaysia

Post Number: 4
where are the pictures?? i so wanna see them XD

koas
Unregistered guest
when i get mine maby it will be nice but it wont be as nice as yours good desien man you should help me with mine i have over 10 thoasand $ in mine but i have no T.V!!!!!!!

Username: Donniew

Why no more pics? Is this his place or some 'well off' woman's place?

Username: Angryman

LOL.. screw the TV.. let's all have sex at this person's house!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us