My finished product! A 7.1 dedicated home theater!

fi fy fo fum
Unregistered guest
This is my home theater. It cost me about $17,000, but was def. worth it. email me at ltfdez@gmail with any questions.

http://community.webshots.com/album/526640264LuzePq

Username: Hagur

Post Number: 3
Fantastic!

Damn, I wish I had room to spare in my apartment to build a dedicated theater/tv room like that.

fi fy fo fum
Unregistered guest
Thanks Haukur!

Bronze Member
Username: Armyscout42

DUGWAY , UTAH USA

Post Number: 42
I can see where you spent most of your $17k, the two hdtv and projector and seating. You could have done better on the surround sound, if room was the issue, klegg, ORB or MIRAGE, anthony gallos nucleus system would have been a good choice for that size of a room. But overall it's a very nice set up? I wish I had a room like that and seating. I have the projector and screen, we both have the same there. My audio set up is in another world. I just have the equipment and not a dedicated room or anything. I use a nice office computer chair for my theater. I have vintage and new high end gear and tons of tweaks so that is what makes my system different anyone. Not bad for spending $8k. from pioneer carver,dbx, bbe, peavey,ohm, magnepan to acoustat.
I like the set up and the video...my only complaint is the audio portion??? I guess you intentionally designed it for future upgrades. That's kool if you do! audio is everything when it comes to the impact of the movies!

Bronze Member
Username: Armyscout42

DUGWAY , UTAH USA

Post Number: 43
if you want to improve your sound dramatically without spending too much, an inexpensive tweak that will make your system cleaner with a much better 3 dimensional imaging is combing both a dakiom feedback stablizier hr-103 or the newer hr-203 with the acoustic research tds-202 spatial enhancer. it is a passive oval shape grey box. it can even be used on rvs, cars and boats etc.
www.dakiom.com and for around $99-169 on the dakioms and between $40-75 for the acoustic research. original retail is $119, it can be found at ebay under stores or sound processors.
or at amazon.com
there are others who use this combo with their high end gear. i have already helped various audiogon and ebay audiophiles improve their system with this combo even a multi millionair guy that was fed up with the salesmen at a high end store always trying to get him to buy stuff he didn't need and didn't do the improvement he was looking for until i got him to get this combo. he thanked me endless later. I think this is the cheapest tweak that more than quadruples the sound quality of any system it's added. the better your system the more this system really make it sing. the dakiom's creates a less fatiguing, cleaner, tighter bass, smoother and clearer highs and mids and less distortion.
the tds enhancer creats a much wider soundstage and brings out signals you didn't existed in the recording. it makes a big difference in sound dispersion. you can't go wrong with these inexpensive tweaks if you like stereo or surround sound.

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 2753
Actually, I have a hard time believing it cost 17k...most of the money had to go into the room setup. I mean, the projector is great and all, but infocus is cheap and the receiver couldn't have cost more than 3k (which is a very generous estimate).

My only question is how good are the bass thumpers under the seats?

Username: Stop_hating

Post Number: 1
The important thing is that I am VERY happy with my set-up. It sounds great and alot of research went into it.

$3,000 for the TV, $1,000 for the projector, $7,000 for the room, $$1,600 for two French Doors, $500 for the receiver, $500 for HDMI GEFEN switcher, $1,700 for all leather electric reclining couch, $1,400 for three theater seats with 42" backs, $800 for H10-250 HD DirecTv receiver w/ TIVO, ........and so on, and so on, and so on.

You are right...it probably cost me more than $17,000.

Don't be haters guys, just show me the money. In other words, let me see what you got. It's pretty pathetic some of you claim to "have" the stuff, but no room to put it in. LOL. Gotta go. Have to go catch a movie with my neighbors. damn it's nice to have a home theater! maybe some of you will see what it's like some day.

Username: Ramsjapan

Post Number: 6
Now that is some funny shiat. The dude is right, what do you have??? You took home theater to a new level!! Me? All I have is an 50" Sony XBR1 if they ever fricken get here. Oh yeah, 5.1 surround b!atch!!!!LOL

GOOD JOB

Username: Stop_hating

Post Number: 2
Thanks Mitch. A 50" SONT XBR1. Looks like you are off to a GREAT start! Congrats. These folks are incredible. You try to share what you have and answer any questions they may have in hopes that their setup can even be better than yours, and they try to throw cut downs at you.

This guy Jexx has over 2700 posts, but we have yet to see what his setup looks like. What a loser! lol

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 2781
Nah, I just spend all my money on car audio ;)

Though my home receiver was Onkyo's flagship model back in...1998. It's still an excellent piece of equipment, the stiffening caps are huge and the receiver actually employs a toroidal transformer. My setup isn't very picture-worthy as I only use it to listen to music on stereo mode (I have no time for movies or TV anymore..).

Bronze Member
Username: Westcott

League City, Texas

Post Number: 94
Congratulations on your dedicated home theater.
I envy those with the space and the resources for a decidated room.

Can you post some pictures of the whole room in one snapshot or two so we can get a frame of reference?

I always like to see how others arrange seating and place their equipment. I have borrowed more than one idea in this manner.

Great Job!

P.S.
And forget about most of these other people. As my father always said, half of the people in this world are below average. The behavior I see in this thread only goes to prove it!

"His and Her Room!"

Silver Member
Username: Davidpa

Portland, Oregon US

Post Number: 186
How is the screen holding up? Just curious as I noticed it is not a tension screen. I have a 92" and needed to get a tension screen as after a month or so, you could see a "V" shape shadow because of the weight of the screen. Looks nice though.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us