Room echo

Bronze Member
Username: Develara

Post Number: 27
hi all ,
I am trying to set up a new home theatre in a all new built room , the size is 11 *19 and the ceiling is around 13 feet high , the problem is the echo , if i have a false roofing will the echo be arrested or is it necessary that i should go for these bass traps , absorbers etc etc ... since my budget is minimum i want to choose either one
dev.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 29
any one?

Gold Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 8349
"if i have a false roofing"

Do you mean a dropped acoustical ceiling?

Also, is this room carpeted or hardwood/laminate flooring? Big difference with the flooring.

Silver Member
Username: Leonski

Post Number: 133
Really entertaining youtube entry in the DIY BassTrap catagory.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyYUpkpL0gw

Bronze Member

Post Number: 31
paul , the room is carpeted and has a dropped acoustical ceiling , but still i find echos and over booming of bass. any thing i can do to improve the room acoustic?

dev.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 32
thanks leo , the youtube site was very informative.,
I'll have a try.
dev.

Silver Member
Username: Leonski

Post Number: 173
I tamed a room echo with the simple addition of a heavy wool tapestry hung on the wall opposite the speakers. the room is about 25' long and the echo from the far wall was Very distracting.

For booming bass, you can try to elevate the speakers, move them away from corners, or move them away from the back wall, any of which will help.

google: bass trap, and look up DIY stuff using DC703. simple, effective and not too much $.

Other room treatments to consider include carpeting and 'soft' furniture.....

Username: Libliba100

Post Number: 1
hi, i am a new member of this forum. i actually have 2 question.
1-i was recently asked to supervise a particular project. Even though the project done successfully, i am not satisfied with some of the things that the technician did. the project involves the installation of 8 Ahuja horns power speakers each @ 40 W, Ohms Speakers 6,8Ω nos, each @ 25W, 10 Column Speakers each @ 15W, 5 ceiling speakers. All these speakers where terminated on one single 350W Amplifier. the Ohms speakers where terminated on the 8Ω, while all the powered speakers, column and ceiling speakers are terminated on the 70V. i feel the Amp is been over loaded and the two types of speakers should not be terminated on the same amp. if i am correct, how do i go about connecting the the sound system with out any possible damage.
2- Another challenge i am faced with is how to minimize or completely eliminate the effect of a large doom that the worship center i was working on. this center has a large doom that always influence the smooth Acoustic deliverance of the audio system. i want to know how do i rectify this problem.
thanks.

Bronze Member
Username: Slevapaul

Ahmedabad, Gujarat INDIA

Post Number: 13
Well the room echo can also be eliminated by using the carpets or proper furniture in it. If the room is surrounded by the enough furniture, then there would be no problem of echo.It also adds the pretty good look for the room.

Gold Member
Username: Magfan

USA

Post Number: 2871
http://www.marktaw.com/recording/Acoustics/RoomModeStandingWaveCalcu.html

very useful site to try to help tame room echo / modes.

Fill in room dimensions and look for frequencies which are the same across different modes......

The tapestry I used was for one, particularly annoying echo. My room? Still has problems which require more time / effort to cure. I fyou saw my 8 sided room, you'd know why. At least the bass modes are fairly well broken up.

Furniture can help, but a leather sofa, for example, reflects higher frequencies while not absorbing much bass. Carpets? I like them in front of some speakers.
Artificial plants....like big bush types, can go behind my panel speaks and act as diffusion.
Oddly stacked book shelves in the right place can help as can many other 'architectural' features, when used properly.

I'm a believer that ....
A good stereo in a great room sounds better than a great stereo on an OK room.....
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us