VGA cord With a 3.5mm Jack to a HDMI Port

Username: Rip_jmw

Viroqua, Wisconsin United State...

Post Number: 1
Where do i get a simple cord that can do this? I want to hook my laptop to my television but my laptop doesn't have a hdmi port, just VGA. I need a cord that has the 3.5mm male jack on the same end as the vga, then leads to just one hdmi male that will plug into my tv and give me the video and sound.

Username: Rip_jmw

Viroqua, Wisconsin United State...

Post Number: 3
bump, this is really killing me guys, I cant easily hook my laptop to my television. I can use the vga to vga but its a weird ratio and the picture get distorted.

Username: Trying2help

Post Number: 2
I use your setup between Intel iMac to television for picture /images only, VGA-VGA
For sound I use 3.5mm jack plug cable, from headphones output to
input on television.
Television message tells me to wait while it configures, before desktop image appears.
Pixels - - -
Television 1920-1080p iMac 1680- 1050
Sorry can't be of any further assistance.}

Bronze Member
Username: Mheath8663

Post Number: 39
Unfortunately, you will not be able to accomplish this with a simple cable. VGA and HDMI are different signals. The good news is that there are converters that go from VGA to HDMI. Here's one you should consider

http://www.findacable.com/servlet/the-6713/VGA-to-HDMI-Converter/Detail

Username: Hajones

Post Number: 1
I want to connect my new Toshiba laptop with a VGA port but no HDMI port to my Vizio HiDef TV with a RGA w/ audio ports (blue). I have tried to connect a VGA cable and sound cables from the PC to the tv but without success. What do I need to do to make a good connection with sound?

Username: Trying2help

Post Number: 3
Have you got a picture connection using a VGA cable, between the laptop and television.
The VGA cable carries no sound as probably you already know.
Using the laptop headphone socket with it's 3.5mm jack-plug that will carry sound is OK, plugging-in the other end of the 3.5mm cable into the television is where your problem starts.?
If your television has a red & white connection or even a cluster of red & white & yellow connections will do, as long it's on the input connection.
If this is the case, you need a cable that has a stereo 3.5mm jack-plug on one end with red & white on the opposite end.
This would carry stereo sound (right &left channels).
Good luck. 25/04/2011
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us