Seating ideas for your family room home theater

Silver Member
Username: Nency

Post Number: 109
Movie theater chairs. If your ideas for home theater seating include authentic movie theater chairs, make sure to measure carefully. First, calculate the width of the seating area to determine how many chairs you'll be able to fit in a row. Then, decide how many rows you'll need to accommodate your number of viewers.
Multiple rows of home theater seating. If you're planning more than one row of home theater seating, you'll probably want to stagger the rows. You can create stadium seating by building a riser to elevate the back rows. With risers, all viewers can properly view the movie.
Home theater seating sectionals. If you're using a reclining sectional as theater seating in your home, allow extra room behind for the chairs to fully recline.
Combination seating. Some of the most innovative family room ideas with home theater seating incorporate both theater seats and sectionals. Some home theater designers place reclining sectionals on risers behind traditional home theater seats.

Gold Member
Username: Magfan

USA

Post Number: 1960
Nency, I'd personally rather sit on a wooden folding chair than that awful home theater seating. Especially in my living room which is a multi-purpose room.

Nope, If I had the space, I get a sectional. NOT one that is at a 90 degree angle, but more open, centered and facing the TV. Plenty of room for 5 or adults while providing 'slouch' space when alone or only 2 or 3 people. Maybe have a lounge end on one side.....

Here is an OK example....from Palliser of Canada.

http://www.palliser.com/furniture/Products/4details.html?series=77492&home=&styl e=&category=SECTIONAL
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us