Need Hanging Rack Idea

Bronze Member
Username: Snmhanson

Post Number: 14
Does anyone have any good ideas for mounting a Dish ViP 211 receiver to a bottom of a shelf so that it hangs from the shelf? The distance between the bottom of the shelf and the top of the television below it is ~6" but the shelf also has an edge that hangs down ~1.5" so I have about 4.5" to work with. I could build a hanging shelf out of wood but I would rather have something more low profile so that the component appears that it is suspended from the shelf. Ideally I would like some sort of bracket that attaches to the component and the bottom of the shelf but I don't see anything out there that would work. Any ideas? Thanks.

Matt

Bronze Member
Username: Nency

Post Number: 75
Nice Posting.....
But I have Hanging Rack Idea.....
Position
Install your hanging pot rack so it hangs in the middle of your kitchen over your preparation area. This will create a central accent to the kitchen. It will allow access to your pots while preparing and cooking food without congesting any part of the kitchen.
Materials
A hanging pot rack can be one of the most attractive features in your kitchen. Do not be afraid to spend a little extra to buy a gold plated hanging rack or a silver one if your budget extends to it. Make sure the color matches the existing theme of your kitchen. Beautiful silver shelf stacks can also be fastened to a wall.
Build Your Own Hanging Pot Rack
Have a go at building your own hanging pot rack. All you need to do is create a cylindrical or squared shape with assorted hooks that can be hung from the kitchen ceiling or fitted in a secure place. Building your own will allow you to add that important personal touch.

Bronze Member
Username: Nency

Post Number: 88
Try sliding the cover down on the handle of the pans with long handles, then hang pot and cover on a single hook.

Also, take the shortest/smallest pot and hang it up first, before you adjust the chain. If you can comfortably reach the smallest or shortest pot, then you know you can reach the longer ones.

When I had a pot rack, I hung the bulkier items, stock pot and sauce pans, on the inside and the flatter omlete/frypans on the outside. You might want to hang the pots you use the most where they will be the easiest to get to.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us