Acoustic advice

Bronze Member
Username: Lowfront

Post Number: 56
Alright I have a couple issue's...

I recently brought all my stuff into my basement. Basements too big so I cut off a little area using sheets hung down my drop ceiling. Because of this bootleg setup there is only one corner that I could put my HSU sub. In the corner is a wall and a closet. So I have the sub next to a closet which is the issue. Is there anything I could do to mabe improve the sound, for unknown reasons I took a blanket and wrapped the door with it. Idk just trying anything realy?

On the wall I have a huge sign hung up I noticed when I first put it up it was right over the sub and ruined the sound horribly so I moved it down the wall and sounds much better...Should I get rid of it?

And any idea's for my homemade walls?...There just sheets from a bed, any suggestions?

Its my parents house so they realy don't want me building walls in there basement... Which is why I went with the sheets...

Silver Member
Username: Mixneffect

Orangevale, Ca. USA

Post Number: 653
I m guessing you used bed sheets to corner off a small area as a make shift room.

Is this corect?

If yes, then that will not stop bass from escaping the confined area. It will not even sound decent due to the fact that the area is not fully enclosed.

May I suggest installing carpet (even used, if it doesnt smell) on the walls to keep the sound from reflecting off of the concrete/mason walls. This will help keep the sound from over reverbration (echo) and it is the cheapest idea I can come up with right now.

Another way to sound proof an area is to get polyester foam and make walls out of it. It is very light but yet rigid. You may find this foam at a stucco company and/or a foam manufacturer. It is the same stuff that they put arround doors and windows covered with a light coat of stucco. This is a california thing. Anyways this stuff comes in sizes up to 4' X 4' X 10'. Ask them to cut you some pannels about 6" thick and make your walls out of that.

Silver Member
Username: Nency

Post Number: 193
Hello friend
Very Nice article posting man i like this post. I share to my facebook friends and i bookmarks this post. Nice Advice....

Thanks for...
seatsandchairsdotcom

Platinum Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 15945
What

Bronze Member
Username: Dsmithbfl

Post Number: 17
I think you can move around your setup around a bit. Correct positioning sometimes can help with proper sound dissipation.

Username: Zack_kingstin

Post Number: 1
Good idea with styrofoam. Although I would still turn to soundproofers. Most contractors will be able to do something that works for little money. Plus, it will give you more assurance that you don't mess up the walls in your parent's basement.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us